šŸ”¶ ThieAudio Monarch MKIII

Good question. I think Iā€™d recommend the Moondrop Variations if you want to save some money and get an EST driver. Just depends. What iems do you own and love?

3 Likes

i have only meze rai penta and campfire ara. both different. for ara need more bass,for penta need more highs. so,im see at fiio fx15,variations,mkiii. but want get more resolution,details,clarity,imaging vs my iems i have, variations would be a sidegrade/ =? for upgrade fx15 or mkiii /?

1 Like

I have the mmk3 and variations, if your wallet will stretch for it, get the mmk3. It is emphasised in the bass and upper treble, but it makes it fun and enjoyable, whilst also being highly resolving.

Not many ppl have the fx15, to give you impressions on the set.

But then again, your heart seems set on the fx15. regardless what people recommend, you always bring that into the equation. So, perhaps just go with the FX15?

Thereā€™s only one real way youā€™re going to truly know if itā€™s the right iem for you not.

Just take a chance on it & enjoy it.

5 Likes

just waiting more reviews or semo sound for fiio. cant be wrong fiio fx15. i like resolution details. 4est vs 2est is different league for details i think. also fiio is big know maker in audio world. also i like small size of fiio vs big shell mkiii. and i like mmcx cables . dont know what to do. maybe mkiii too fatique for listen for long period as too forward mids and too bassy and maybe too bright in airy region?

Itā€™s like youā€™re describing a FiiO IEM here, not a Thieaudio IEM :wink:. More EST does not automatically mean better resolution. FiiO will be more tiring with mids forward, I guess the treble is not done right either, even if FR shows otherwise! But you knowā€¦

2 Likes

yes. im go for mkiii better. got info from users of fx15. all selling this fx15 after 2weeks of orderā€¦ no bass, thin mids and too much highs. when rising volume highs up fast ,bass far slower and missing,way hissy. they made for maybe symphony listen. not universal. i like good not boomy bass, superior mids and highs. monarch mkiii did it for mešŸ˜€

4 Likes

Right choice. Thieaudio are masters of tuning! :beers:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had a 4 est iem and now have a couple of iemā€™s with 2ests. I personally donā€™t think more = better, but thatā€™s just my opinion.

Same with more drivers in general. More doesnā€™t necessarily mean better. The fx15 only has 1 ba, but if itā€™s we implemented, I donā€™t doubt that it sounds good.

Anyway, just enjoy whichever iem you decide to go for. In todayā€™s market, thereā€™s not many real ā€œbadā€ iemā€™s.

If you really want 4 ESTā€™s though, you could consider the prestige Ltd? I havenā€™t heard it? But from what I have heard, despite them graphing similar, itā€™s tuned to be a little more balanced and refined over the mmk3.

2 Likes

not,EST priced and as you said 4est with bad inplementation souds poorer vs 2est good inmplemented.fx15 users replied that fx15 bass is missing.also im see at bgvp phantom 2dd 2ba 2bcd 2est. similar price to mkiii.

9 Likes

sound neutral or balanced with bass and treble extended?trerble liking heads can satisfy sound of mkiii out from box?or need more highs eq?

It has been a long time since I have listened to higher end IEMs like the Mk III, so it is hard to make any comparisons.

I just know that I really enjoy the balanced range of the Mk IIIā€™s. It does not overemphasize anything, it just gives you what was recorded/mixed.

However, what it does give you is stellar. Well recorded/mixed albums have taken on new dimensions as I am hearing things I have never heard before. The timbre and tones of the instruments are very natural and enjoyable. Not too bright, and not too dull.

Out of the box I almost boosted the treble a couple of db, but after burning them in, then listening for a few hours, I realized I did not need to EQ anything.

Give them a try, I think you will really enjoy them.

2 Likes

thanks. does bass not boomy like on z1r?

Hahaā€¦Z1R has one of the most legendary bass replays of all time factā€¦what donā€™t you like about it?

not boomy, just z1r is big bass for bassheads im mean

does any compared mkiii vs prestige in mids and treble regions? prestige is brigter sound/?

Almost all your question could be answered if you actually took a look at the graphsā€¦

3 Likes

heā€™s talking about the Monarch MKIII. Those graph a lot closer so its harder to use the graph to call out differences

For instance, I compared the MKIII with the LTD a while back and and while they graph slightly differently they sound a lot more different to my ears. The MKIII had much boomier bass and was a bit on the loose side vs the LTD which has a much more controlled bass response. The LTD sound profile was more more reserved across the board and was a slow grower for me, it started pretty meh and then as I listened to it more it just had an effortless sound that I couldnā€™t fault in any area (unless you were looking for a ā€œfunā€ IEM). The MKIII on the other had came off very V shaped to me. Great treble extension but a little too much at times and it was hard to listen to for an extended period of time.

7 Likes

thanks. a bit brightet would be Prestige?and mkiii better in mids?

1 Like

from the graph the OG Prestige would be less bright than the LTD and MKIII (never heard the OG). The MKIII is brighter but I think LTD sounds overall better and has better mid replay.

1 Like