Thor Mjölnir IEM

Lol and you did that already right? Also just to check with other iems I assume you don’t have any issues correct (to make sure the btr5 isn’t having issues)

2 Likes

Have you tried any other sources? On your BTR5, is the EQ activated?

1 Like

Thanks for asking. No EQ. For IEMs, I’m always going with the default sound signature. I’ve tried a couple of sources (i.e. BTR5, laptop, Samsung S10, computer setup with dac/ amp). And I tested it for a good amount of hours yesterday (holiday). Swapped with every 2-pin cable I own and tried different tips. The unnatural “wobbling” sound I’m hearing is only in the right unit. The left unit is solid though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

These popped back up on Linsoul and I was thinking about picking up a pair. However, that’s going to be a big nope for me. Hopefully you get this resolved quickly!

2 Likes

No. Someone had there kid step on and smash a set iirc but no driver issues until this guy above mailed me. It’s obviously faulty. Cable has no relation to issue

3 Likes

Brief update. Linsoul got back to me with these instructions:

"Please kindly following the instructions below to process your warranty:

1. Kindly provide us with your order number so that we can have one case number for you.

2. Kindly provide us your shipping back information and phone number so that we can ship one new replacement to you.

3. Kindly ship back to us for exchange with one new replacement. Please also provide us with the tracking number once you have shipped out.

4. Please also help to declare the value at $30 to help to process the custom clearance.

5. As for the shipping back fee, we will undertake $10 for the shipping fee if the item is wrong itself. However, if the item is not defective or it was damaged by customers, we will not undertake the shipping fee.

6. Please leave a note of the reason you return it and the order number inside the parcel."

So I think I’m going to see what my shipping options/costs are before moving forward :thinking:

2 Likes

If you’re from CONUS, do not use USPS. They are so backed up and their tracking numbers for international shipping has been wonky. My last return to Linsoul made it, but my USPS tracking number was useless as it was never scanned at any point and I had no idea where my package was. It took almost a month to get from California to China. The safest options are to ship with UPS or FedEx.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, man. Shipped them off today from a local UPS. Will keep you all posted on the experience. I’m not sure how promptly Linsoul will send a replacement given how high the demand is for Thor. But at this point, just hoping the return will get to Linsoul safely…

Despite the right side issue I encountered, I still came away with a pretty positive impression of Thor. Fit was perfect for me, no issues with the design, and I enjoyed listening to my playlists on it. Immersive and epic bass. If only the distracting wobble/ buzz wasn’t there… :pensive:

4 Likes

Man do these look beautiful tho. Can’t wait to get mine in November. UGH. :frowning:

1 Like

Is that Abalone on the face plate?..if so then please Thor do your own shiz and make a unique statement just like your sound sig :+1:

1 Like

It is!

1 Like

Too bad it’s not Uru instead of abalone.

1 Like

@PapaEmeritus When did you place your order? And did you place it through Linsoul or Drop?

Oh it must have been over a month ago. I got it on Drop.

1 Like

can you seriously feel the thumping and sub bass rumble on this?

Yes you can.

just wonder if you ever release a review on these hammer, care to share the link? thanks in advance.

Can someone please post the photos of the entire accessory set?

If you’ve seen the pictures, you’ve seen the accessories :sweat_smile:

Not even joking. From what I’ve read and experienced, I think more people than not are just receiving the IEM, a cable, a linsoul round tin, and nothing else. Minimal. No other accessories. And no tips if that’s what you’re wondering about.

Actually a good part of the 1st batch received foam tips and spin fit cp100,f.y.i,but if we talk in general terms yeah then yes people get just the iems ,no tips different cases etc. Fucken sucks,killing a great iem.

1 Like