THX AAA one linear amp

Have a feeling it’s going to come in a bit higher than $100, but we will see

If that’s the case I don’t see how it’s going to be competitive, if it’s over 200 I don’t see it preforming well at all

2 Likes

I agree, I’m guessing it’s gonna come in at $150 - $200

That would be unfortunate lol

I hope I’m wrong, just a feeling

$150 wouldn’t be to bad…potentially. $200 is more likely I think, and probably a deal killer for many.

I would love to see it sub $200, but I can see Drop not wanting to undercut the 789 by too much (especially after dropping it’s price by $100 already)

yeh…$100 for THX. $100 for se output. n for the 789, another $100 for the balanced output. and there you have $200 and $300 THX amp options. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Suuuuuper interested. Yeah, if it’s sub $200 I’m probably in.

1 Like

I was thinking about upgrading to and EL amp (b-stock) or a geshelli Archel 2.5 by the end of the year, now I’m definitely in the look for this! If it 's $100 it’s insta buy, if it’s 150 I can still consider. More I will wait for evaluations.
Also, balanced is interesting for lower noise and higher voltages levels, not necessarily power. (it kinda gives a higher SNR, if this makes any sense). But as M0N said, if you design a good enough SE amp, IMO you’re hard pressed to tell the difference by ear.

1 Like

I think I agree with most sentiments here… for $100 it will have good competition, but I think it will most likely be a good purchase. $150+ and I think it starts to get iffy. Guess we will see soon!

If this turns out to be just as good as the 789, I think the el amp and the archel 2.5 pro are higher quality amps imo

Definitely. I can get a SMSL SP200 right now on eBay for 259,99 $US shipped.
200$ plus shipping? (and taxes maybe?) they won’t sell any. 150$ is the max., otherwise, they just won’t sell any at all.

And yeah, 100$ and it’s the same price as Schiit Heresy/JDS Labs Atom for THX tech… definitely interesting.

2 Likes

If they could integrate the PSU to cut down on cable clutter and powerbricks…

Or get a used SP200 heh.

270€ would also get me a LakePeople G103s

3 Likes

Really? Now that’s interesting. I am very curious about the sound of these amps. All I see/hear is “specs, minuscule THD levels and almost no noise floor” make they all seem identical.
How do you compare these three amps? (let’s assume the THX 789 sound for the linear amp).

1 Like

Of course, another great amp

They’re all identical…ish.

But here, it’s all about the ish. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Crowded market, the 200 to 300 segment :slight_smile:

1 Like