Time to change my A700 in favor of something different?

And then the DAC to the pc via USB as usual, right? The volume has to be controlled from the amp, right?

Yes, you would want to max out the volume on the pc digitally and control via the amp

This is the amp, where do I have to connect the RCA cables?

You want to connect it to the I for input. The P is for a pre out so don’t connect your dac there

I think I did it, but the quality seems to be lower then my old audio technica, plus the volume is way lower…

Have you tried putting the amp in high gain mode via the button on the front? Also that’s really strange, are you testing with the audio technica or the beyers (like do you think it’s the amp or the headphone)?

Right now I’m testing it with the beyers, if I crank up volume it’s fine, but the highs seem a bit low quality, like if the headphones can’t reach the frequency of the song I’m currently listening to. I didn’t have this problem with the audio technica.

If you try the audio Technica on the spark is it the same issue or just the Beyer’s? Also if you try the beyers on the m3 does the same thing occur?

Audio Technica + Spark: the problem doesn’t occur
Beyer + M3 (without Spark): the problem seems to be still there but it’s way less noticeable because of the lower volume (it’s way way lower than what I can reach with the Spark of course)

Gotcha, so here is what I would do. I would listen to the beyers exclusively for a few days or more, that will allow you to get used to the new sound signature and have the drivers burn in some. If you find that you are still not enjoying it, then return them, but I would give yourself some time to acclimate to the different sound

Perfect! I’ll try to do so! Amazon has extended the return deadline to May 31st due to Coronavirus here in Italy, I have plenty of time to try them :slight_smile:

Nice, hopefully they end up working out, and if they don’t hopefully the return is painless :+1:

Eventually, do you have any other suggestions for open back headphones in the same price range? If they have a lower impedance and can be driven with the M3 alone I would return the Spark too

Honestly if you go something higher end, I think keeping the spark will be beneficial, especially if you want to look towards like a hifiman sundara or other planar

Hi, it’s still me, trying to understand if the “issue” with these headphones can be solved through software maybe. Do you own personally a pair of DT 880 600Ohm?

Yes, I enjoy them, you could perhaps use some eq to add a bump in the treble, but it’s surprising as most people find Beyers very bright and want to tame the treble a bit lol

Besides lacking a bit of treble for you, any other comments on them? What are you liking and what are you not liking so far?

I don’t know why but I hear some kind of distortion in certain songs, that didn’t happen with my old audio technica. Like in this song https://open.spotify.com/track/5J7teKIJGtqVypgYI6sqXj?si=3epWMmsfSIGAdmc1e51PzA (don’t mind the genre :rofl: )
From 2:32 to 2:49 I can here a sort of distortion when the singer finishes the verses (when he says the final “A”), can you hear it too?

Ah I’ve actually been enjoying that album recently lol. I kinda hear what you are talking about, that just sounds like less than ideal mastering. One sec I’mma pm you. Also see if you hear this on your audio technica from the same amp setup to rule out the possibility that it’s the amp if it ends up being a faulty component (but I have a feeling it’s moreso because the 880 is more resolving)