šŸ”¶ Tin P2

If these have a similar tuning to the P1 but with better overall performance then this price is fine for me. @hawaiibadboy sounded pretty happy with them in his preview so I doubt they sound BAD. Im going to wait for reviews and for these to show up on Amazon before I buy them, but chances are Iā€™m going to buy them (and hopefully like them).

2 Likes

Yeah HBB sounded like he was holding back some enthusiasm. Crinacle also mentioned on discord that he thought they were better than p1 but not sure if the price jump was justified. He never really liked the p1 so im not too thrown by that comment. He also said it was a preproduction unit/not final tuning.

Hmm. At $250, Iā€™d be interested but at that price Iā€™m gonna wait and see what Crinacle has to say before leapingā€¦might just be the L5 instead.
Watching with interestā€¦kinda hoping they nail it though as I have a soft spot for Tin hi-fi as they got me into IEMs with the T2.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m getting tempted by all this shiny new stuff. But then I keep reminding myself that none of these other DD/BA salads are able to reproduce detail anywhere in the same ballpark as the P1. And If P2 can improve on that resolution then itā€™s pretty much going to sound more detailed than real life. Which is my ideal audio scenario. Iā€™m pretty sure anything else I get will dissapoint me in the detail department. So Iā€™m prob gonna get the p2 even if it does cost me all of my gold teeth.

Ok that would be cool if they keep the P1 and run the P2 along side it and maybe even a $1k P3 in the end, sorta like the Audeze LCD series but if itā€™s a direct replacement for the P1 and itā€™s doubled + in $ then something along the line of P1 Pro would be more suitable imho.

2 Likes

Oh yeah im positive they will continue to run the p1. This is definitely a progression not a replacement. They still sell t1, t2, t2 pro, t3, t4, t2 plus. They arent always consistent with their naming conventions but they dont seem to kill their products off.

I donā€™t know man, because with the statement of ā€œforgetting all of your IEMsā€ or similar to that type of thing usually backfires for me. Tin got greedy on this one in my opinion, but if what they say is true that I will forget my IEMs when I bought that one then yeah itā€™s a welcome change though I am still keeping my other IEMs. If not, well they failed and for the price I will stick with the P1s lol.

1 Like

True true. Tin loves to hype themselves. The T line has been disappointing me since the original T2. So they do have long rich history of working me up and letting me down. But I dont have anywhere else to put these planar-shaped stars in my eyes.

1 Like

My request from them is to make them higher impedance if they are still power hungry for my ease of use. In addition keep the QC good because I had a problem on the P1. That price is steep if true, but as long as the sound is there and they help me with the other requests Iā€™ll bite. Till then Iā€™m out lol

1 Like

Canā€™t wait until a month or two after they launch when the supply has stabilized, the reviews have come out, and they are prime shipped in Amazon. At that point Iā€™ll probably get them (unless they review like crap).

I believe theyā€™re repeating the same launch strategy as with the p1, where the big reviewers drop the vids on launch day. So there will likely be some guiding voices on day 1.

My big concern is the cluster fuck that most hyped up chi-fi launches are. A lot of people buy them day one then either have issues with the stock being gone even when it still said in stock or with it taking a month to ever ship. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m going to wait for Amazon regardless. Pluss a month or so of die down on the hype and some opinions in hind sight are always useful.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve had my share of those. I kind of always expect a month of waiting. But Iā€™ve paid the 10 bucks for premium shipping a few times fron linsoul and it got to me (new york) in about 5 days. If it was cheaper, Iā€™d be concerned about stock, but since it costs so much I think theyā€™ll be fully stocked for a long time even if they do get rave reviews. But yeah pretty solid strategy. Only downside is youā€™ll miss the early bird price. (Unless its the massdrop price, which it typically is)

1 Like

Just got the tinhifi p2 ,itā€™s a nice all-rounder powered by fiio q3. Better than mediocre soundstage, tight and fast OK bass ,obviously bassier than p1 ,clear extended treble. Quite balance IEM. More natural than fiio FA9. p2 fits the ear so good, a lot better than p1.

7 Likes

Welcome to HFGF, nice first post buddy :+1: please keep us updated on your thoughts on this set as a lot of people are holding their breath lol.

3 Likes

Nice! Sounds very promising. Maybe Iā€™m projecting my wishes, but it sounds like they fixed all the problems with p1. So thats great. Does it have any sub bass?

And though I hate to ask this, do you think itā€™s worth the price of admission?

Thanks for the comment and I cant wait to hear your continued impressions.

1 Like

They mend the problems with p1, but not perfectly.
Sub bass exists, but not superb, maybe the p2 needs more power.
Bass on p2 is not as good as Hifiman RE800,which I listened before, RE800ā€™s bass is more bouncy and natural.
I hadnā€™t listen to many earphones these years, but p2 compares to Fiio FA9, powered by Fiio Q3.I like p2 more for better tuning, and not so analytical sounding.
I preordered the p2 on Sep26 for CNYĀ„1999, and it raised to CNY2599 now. I like p2 more than FA9 and FA9 priced CNY 3999, so I think p2 worth the price.

5 Likes

Looks like these are becoming available (atleast on Linsoul), but I need some proper reviews first before jumping.

1 Like