🔶 Tin P2

Yeah I’m annoyed there are no reviews before launch. HBB had like 5 p1 videos before p1 dropped. And then Z sold the crap out of it the morning of launch. Now I’m just throwing my money into the void and hoping good sound comes back.

1 Like

I’d be on it but final tuning won’t be known till I get retail ver in a couple days and graph and listen.

7 Likes

Thanks dude. Sounds like tin was getting anxious to get these to market. I look forward to your thoughts. I’m betting the final tuning is an improvement over the test unit. But assuming they nail the tuning, do you think the technicalities are strong enough for the asking price?

5 Likes

Looks good other than that one peak at 8k. I’m pretty sure the T2 has a similar peak and that never seems to bother me so unless everyone who reviews it says it’s too sharp I’m happy with that graph. Also it not harman so that’s another plus for me.

Edit: the T2 does have the same peak.

1 Like

yeah, peaks at 8k doesnt bother me. The Shozy form 1.1 has a near identical peakt at that spot and that is no problem for me. But the P2 might be a bit too much since it has less bass and more upper treble than the 1.1

Like I said, since the T2 has the same peak and less bass, so it is theoretically worse but still never bothers me. The only issue would be if the driver has actual sibilance distortion there. Since the P1 driver never had any obvious distortion like that I’m pretty confident in the P2.

Purchased.

Looking forward to your impressions

1 Like

Me too. Gotta speculate for a little while longer though. Tin says they’re gonna start shipping on the 20th

2 Likes

where did you buy it?
I am really contemplating to get it, buy I need some reviews.

I got it at Linsoul. Smart move waiting. I only got it early because I had 100 dollar linsoul gift card that I’ve been saving for months to use specifically for the P2.

1 Like

For those interested in the P2, they are at Drop for $299.

Its twice the price of the p1. I hope they are that good

Well it better be better than the P1, if not with that budget I would rather buy a P1 instead and then buy some other stuff that I needed with this hobby.

I think Tin will do something about this and they will tune it fine as long as they don’t screw it up and the hype don’t let it get into their heads.

Any news on reviews yet? Usually Tin sends advanced review copies to zeoz, bggar, crin, and the like. But this time they seem to have only sent pre production units for feedback on the tuning ahead of launch.

Crabos of prime audio has one. antdroid has one. Hbb has one. Crinacle has one. Im guessing zeos has one. But no one dropped full reviews yet.

Antdroids Review: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/10/tin-hifi-p2-iem-review.html?m=1

1 Like

P2 “a coming of age story”
Sounds more like a Benjamin Button story tbh… all they needed to do was tweak the fit, add a tad of bass and keep the price the SAME as the original.
Looks like the fit is still iffy? Bass is meh, it needs modding to get the best out of it? and all that for extra :moneybag::thinking:
We’ll see what others think I guess :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

It doesn’t start good and for that price it will be difficult if other reviews are at the same page.
A $169 IEM is one thing, but $339 is a way different game and most people tend to require good reviews to plunge into an IEM buy at this level.
It is not enough with a big presentation box and a good reputation at low-end priced IEM’s.

3 Likes