Tool; Fear Inoculum Impressions/Reviews

Lol Its a fun album and it sounds good, I just gravitate to it less than the others, I’ve heard it before that there is no bad Tool album and I agree with that. I will prob. own all of them eventually, but I’m trying to pace myself. :slight_smile:

It’s so surprising that Tool hasn’t appealed more to the top 40 mainstream with catchy, appealing song titles like that. :grin:

Pretty sure that is something that would not be allowed on local radio these days lol, but there definitely was a time where that would have helped them out lol

1 Like

I found myself pretty disappointed with this album. It felt like they were trying to do an impression of themselves or something. Didn’t feel sincere and felt a little out of touch.

I think bands like Isis, Neurosis, Pelican, Russian Circles, Cult of Luna, Jesu etc. have taken the post-metal genre to interesting places since 10,000 days came out, and now, 13 years later, Tool sounds a little closer to dad rock comparatively.

1 Like

I always just liked their older stuff purely musically (and was mostly freaked out by their music videos), then this year (I think it was) my jaw dropped and shattered to pieces when I watched some random video on YouTube explaining all the layers of meaning and message they were putting into their stuff. I had no frickin’ idea that was all in there. (Not that it’s gonna make me dig for more meaning in music and lyrics from now on, I will still be listening to it as “just music”, but it was more than a little surprising nonetheless.)