Top 10 Speaker brands (Tier list)

which one would be best for travel and portability…?

If you’re being serious, then probably none as I don’t know that any of these brands makes a bluetooth speaker, but Audio Note makes the smallest speakers of the bunch and the Wilson Tune Tots are epic if you need a mini monitor that’s easy to place.

Agreed, to a point and the fact that they make arguably the best stand-mount monitor in the world definitely places them in consideration.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think that anyone thinks that these lists are dictated by god or are now “international law”.

1 Like

I would think what dictates the best is if you were offered 10 speaker brands to build a dedicated hi-fi with, which brands would you choose and in hypotheticals, you can go with sound quality + listening preferences.

I haven’t auditioned all in person, but I’ve heard enough of them either in person, through reviews of those who’s listening preferences are similar to mine or via sound clips to make an assessment. These are the brands that I would take in order if the proverbial genie in a bottle were to grant me the system of my dreams. It’s obviously not scientific by any means, but a bit if fun and education for myself and possibly the participants.

Wow, I never knew those were that expensive!!! Are you sure it’s not $50,000-$2 mil?

I could’ve made a top 25 list and still left a lot off, but Sonus Faber is definitely top 15. I just think that they do something that others on the list can do or at least come close to whereas Audio Note does it’s own thing. Some reviewers who have owned other brands on this list sold those speakers eventually once they got sick of hearing the engineers coughing in the booth and bought Audio Note systems because they just wanted to enjoy rather than analyze their music, so that’s saying something.

Only half are European, so I don’t get the comment.

They have a great team behind that company. Just looking what’s inside their speakers shows that they really do care about quality.

But as I said before, there are so, so many companies that it’s hard to say anything. I’m pretty sure there are well over 3,000 speaker loudspeaker companies in the market — and actually quite a good number of those are luxury manufacturers.

there is an insane amount of speaker companies. and i agree the more expensive you get, the more options there seems to be. the uk, germany, and japan have a crap ton just the 3. the USA has a TON of boutique speaker companies.

and i love it all. variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

From what I have found, many countries have their own authentic loudspeaker manufacturers. UK, France, Germany, Japan, A TON from USA, the Netherlands, of course - Italy… it goes on and on. And each one is unique, as you would assume from the luxury loudspeaker market.

It’s interesting to look at all those companies on the screen, they are probably even prettier in person. But thinking about being a customer to those companies is just insane. Different people have different priorities, those who have worked hard for their money can afford such luxury, and I don’t see anything wrong with that. Somebody can be happy with a 300-1000 USD speakers, while somebody has the need to buy a +10,000 USD speaker.

Luxury has a pretty price tag, it has always been that way. And it’s nothing new that luxury products are not the most bang-for-buck products…

2 Likes

The UK bookshelf stuff neutral ? Have Klipsch, RP V-shaped, bright or both ? Think i want a set of neutral and warm for a modest collection.