Top 10 speakers under $1000 that are well worth your money

Interesting list. The Triangle Bros, Sound Artists and Adam T5Vs are there, for example.

4 Likes

The sound artist ls3/5a continue to tempt me :thinking:

I’ve never incorporated subs in a two channel either. I think that could be fun with these.

Edit: the halo a23+ can use the rca out for a sub correct? Is this the ideal way to incorporate that?

@donjklassen Best way to incorporate a sub is to hopefully own one that uses high level speaker inputs. Go direct from amp to sub out to speakers or amp speakers sub, either way works. Next best is if your amp has a second pair of dedicated rca outputs that feed the sub. Barring these two options i have used rca y splitters to split off the incoming Signal to the amp but this method is frowned upon. Alternately i have also split signal at the DAC and pre-amp. All depnds on your sub and what inputs it has.

1 Like

I think this is what I’m looking at with the parasound. I’m not at home atm but I recall it having loop output rca’s.

Which sub are you using?

A fictional one lol just spitballing here

2 Likes

Ah, ok.
Yes the amp can pass an RCA signal. I still encourage you to purchase a subwoofer with high level inputs. Even if you choose not to use them, it’s always an option if you swap amplifiers down the road or whatever else.

1 Like

Food for thought. Much appreciated. I’m not very familiar with subs beyond rel is good.

FYI, Emotiva S8 back:
(Edit: They changed the name to SE8 now because there’s already a BasX S8, I think.)

5 Likes

RP600Ms are still awesome for under 1K :heart_eyes:

2 Likes