Top 25 Turntable Manufacturers (Tier List)

Here’s my list of the top 25 turntable brands of today:

1. Tech Das

2. Clearaudio

3. Acoustic Signature

4. Basis

5. SME

6. Kronos

7. Audio Note

8. Triangle Art

9. T.W. Acoustic

10. J.R. Transrotor

11. V.P.I.

12. Kuzma

13. Walker Audio

14. A.M.G.

15. Dohmann

16. Brinkman

17. Bergmann

18. Linn

19. Technics

20. Rega

21. Spiral Groove

22. S.A.T.

23. Thrax

24. Pear Audio Blue

25. Dr. Feickert

Let me know what I got wrong and why :slight_smile:

He’s missing two out of that very prestigious list…Thorens and Roksan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Who would you knock off to make room?

I think U-Turn Should be on the list.
It’s a simple yet great performing TT.
With the right cart and pre-amp it’s fantastic and leaves $ in the pocket for records.

Regrettably #20 Rega and the most excellent #19 Technics I’ve not heard a lot of those deck manufactures but I’d take both Thorens and Roksan over those two which i’ve had the privilege to hear all be it a long time ago but not A/B’ing, let along arm and cartridge swops…that list would take a big room and a lifetime to A/B.

1 Like

T.W. Acoustic - because the Raven AC is just incredibly good
Rega - because Rega makes my favourite budget players for over 30 years - RB250s are S Tier
Technics - is legendary
Linn - LP12 all Day
Michell Engineering
The Funk Firm
SME
J.R. Transrotor …

but these lists have very little informative value anyway … it probably always depends on which criteria you personally value - this forum is more about individual advice.

Good call! I’m thinking that maybe I have too many one and done manufacturers on here and not enough (everyday) brands. It’s a tough call…relevance vs. performance.

Good call! I’m thinking that maybe I have too many one and done manufacturers on here and not enough (everyday) brands. It’s a tough call…relevance vs. performance. I should’ve added Thales and maybe Pro-Ject too. I also might have placed one or two lines higher or lower than they should be.

I know what you mean and I might put my reasoning next to each choice like you did. In regards to the use of the forum, while these lists don’t offer much in the way of direct advice (especially in the current form) they nevertheless provide a guide as to what brands are relevant and which aren’t. For example, I don’t view Thorens or Roksan as particularly relevant brands anymore which is why they were omitted from this list, but if you were to look up the most relevant brands ever than they would make the top 25 (or at least Thorens certainly would). These also get people talking and excited as ell as teach me a thing or two.

They are relevant yes, but admittedly I don’t know if they are relevant to this specific forum and it’s audience, tbh we really don’t have a lot of people here that would actually consider let alone buy most of the brands listed above mainly due to the fact that the mass majority of the audience of this forum ends up being more budget minded and entry level than anything. This is a great list of brands for someone who is truly looking for a high tier table, but that’s going to be a very very small minority on this forum

It’s good to know what’s at the top and what brands are currently perceived as highest quality, but TBH if someone was even if the market for a turntable of this level they probably would already know what’s out there and what they are looking for

It’s a nice list but I just don’t know if I could say it would be all that helpful to people on this forum, I would be curious on your thoughts about what brands you think lead for more budget tables

I would kind of agee yes (but then if you added more common and affordable brands it probably wouldn’t meet your requirements for something that could be considered top compared to what’s already been listed so it might end up defeating your purpose)

2 Likes