🔷 Topping A50s Headphone Amp

i mean its just enough with no reserve, in most cases its pretty loud at around 2 or 3 oclock, like that i cannot turn it up more cuz it would be hurting my ears but sometimes there is for example quiet song that even if crank it all the way its not very loud, like i could handle it louder

and yeah i wanted Schiit but i live in Europe and it is unavailable here for several years

i think i keep it for now, if i will encounter “lack of power” more often then i switch back to A50

btw i found one DAC that has more output (up to 3.3V) in some variable mode and its not some 500+ dollar DAC, do you have experience with this DAC or are you familiar with it? IFI AUDIO ZEN DAC

I do not, but many here do. If using it as your DAC/preamp, it may give a little boost.

i have one more question

can i use for example SMSL SU-8 V2 DAC with only female XLR to male RCA cable and it would deliver 4 Vrms and it would work no problem? i mean i dont need some “balanced to unbalanced” device, that cable is doing the conversion right?
Maybe that question sounds silly when i think about it, if that cable would not work / doing the conversion, why would those cables exist, but maybe i dont about other possible usage what would it be good for

im newbie in this stuff

I own the A50s and its power really shines through the 4.4 balanced.

The SE on the A50s is a bit on the tame side for running beyers.

Have you considered modding your beyers to balanced?

DMS reviwed the A50s on YouTube, you should check it out as he indicates from his personal gear what he feels the A50s can push. I’m certain he states that it will run beyers on balanced.

as i said, im newbie and modding is beyond what i think i am capable of or feel confident doing

i mean it runs Beyers 250 ohm fine, i mean there is not distortion or missing bass or anything like that, just in some cases, even on full volume it is not that loud that i would not handle it louder
most of the time i run it at 12 to 3 oclock and its really loud at 3 oclock, but when i encounter quiet song / recording i have to turn in all the way and its still not enough to get that loudness what i am getting with other songs / recordings / sources

i dont know why A50s is so much different when it is supposed to be more powerful (its even more strange because if someone get A50s + D50s stack, they get only standard 2 Vrms input power, i would understand if they made D50s putting out 4 Vrms or what it needs to get the full power), for comparison, songs that i listen to on A50s at 3 oclock i listened on A50 at 11 or 12 oclock and i could not get even close to 3 oclock

and what about my question about XLR to RCA cables? can i get balanced DAC and feed A50s those 4 Vrms just with XLR to RCA cable?

BTW, any idea what background music DMS used in that A50s review? i heard that song a lot of times in JayzTwoCents videos and no one knows what is the name of that song, it should be from some rolayty music website but no one knows the name

found out that my motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk has only 1.1 Vrms so i got a DAC, Topping E30 and it is louder with 2.1 Vrms, almost on par with A50 without a DAC but if A50s had +9db gain i think it would be the same at this point but A50 wanted only 1.1 Vrms and it was powerful, who knows how loud would it get with a DAC