Topping D90+A90 vs SMSL M200+SP200

Curious if anyone’s listened to both and how they would compare stack vs stack :slight_smile:

PS. Not sure if this should go in the DAC or AMP category, sorry if wrong one >_<

• Topping Stack
  • SMSL Stack

0 voters

Haha, I appreciate the poll addition. I presume the topping stack is “better” but unsure how much / in which ways.

2 Likes

The THX amps have issues. i used to like it but when i upgraded to the RNHP i was surprised in how good it sounded and it made me re-evaluate the THX’s. Mon prefers 100$ amps to it lol. Topping makes good products and the A90 is the top of the line. i dont think it really fair to compare them.

I think you kind of misrepresenting Mon here. He doesn’t say that he prefers the $100 amps more but that they are close enough to the $300 THX amps that you should save up your money to buy Amps that are closer to a $1,000 to get a real benefit from upgrading.

Nah he actually does prefer $100 amps over the THX amps in general. He’s said it multiple times on this forum in different threads.

1 Like

I’m not quite familiar with the Mon “lore” (I’ve only recently checked out his YouTube vids) but he seemed to approve of both from what I could tell. Not being able to sort it out is part of why I made the post to begin with (◠‿・)—☆.

Zeos didnt really seem impressed with the M200. I would love to hear the 90’s I wonder how they compare to the RNHP+Bifrost 2

nvm mon did a review and compare here. said it wasnt as good as the RNHP:

M0N’s got a YouTube?

Maybe? I’m quite new to this space so perhaps I’m mixing up people.

Edit : Ooops looks like I mixed up and thought Mon was Zeos… Apologies for newbie mix-up.

Lol in that case Z still loves the THX amps.