TOPPING D90SE Fully Balanced DAC

PEEL THE PEEL
:stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha!

2 Likes

I am genuinely curious about listening impressions though. Would love for you to share when you get the chance.

I genuinely would enjoy talking about my impressions, I just donā€™t want to be attacked. I like it a lot.

For the record, I do not stream music. Everything in my library is lossless. So I donā€™t care about MQA nor did I want it but it was not optional.

Have I ever attacked you? Iā€™m confusedā€¦?

That I already concluded, but would love to hear which aspects you love about it though and what the DAC does well.

What else do you guys need to know? I happened to check and what do you know? Zeoā€™s loves it! Not sure if he describes the sound at all in this video, but itā€™s MQA, (bad) would have been cheaper without it, but itā€™s the cleanest DAC youā€™ll ever need and a DAC should be 10% of your total budget but donā€™t buy a crap DAC, just buy a decent DAC cause itā€™s just a DAC.

Youā€™re welcome.

6 Likes

I just wanna know how good the dynamic range isā€¦ someone please confirm

We had the unique opportunity to have a good data point and comparison between the BF2 and the D90SE, but I guess weā€™ll never know

1 Like

I meant subjective impressions. Like does it sound like the contrast between loud and quiet parts is very obvious? You probably already know that Iā€™m not too good with graphs and measurements, but appreciate the effort so thanks again.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to know get a glimpse into both macro and micro dynamics sound and some examples of certain tracks. Specifically how the decay on things like cymbals sounds given the stellar numbers, or how the leading and trailing thump of a kick drum feels. Itā€™s a sexy AF stack when you look at it with the A90.

3 Likes

But Zeā€™os said, ā€œAll DACs are the same,ā€ so does this even worth over the E30? I just bought the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle because Joshua Valoā€™ur said it was comparable to $100 DACs.

You buy it for the features, itā€™s got XLR output

1 Like

Ah shit, thatā€™s right. The soundstage-izer.

Iā€™m really curious about the Sabre version, as Iā€™ve heard the AKM version previously but wasnā€™t really for me. It sounds as though itā€™s a good DAC.

One thing I find curious about the SINAD chart is that a Topping DAC is first in every decibel range (that they have represented within the number).
I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a function of unseen decimals, or if Amir favors Topping for whatever reason, but itā€™s definitely interesting.

1 Like

Shoot! I am really really not kidding! I want to hear some personal comparisons between BF2 vs. D90SE

2 Likes

I hope it doesnā€™t become the norm because every DAC I saw that adds full MQA decoding is always 100$ more. :grimacing:

1 Like

Hopefully that shit fades away, especially with Apple music offering lossless and qobuz getting a better library all the time.

And if I were a company Iā€™d focus more on airplay than MQA.

Is the Zen DAC V2 not a full decoder?

1 Like

Apparently. So itā€™s a steal if (somehow) someone ā€œneedsā€ MQA.

Itā€™s probably cheaper because Ifi has a deal (?). They seem to advertise MQA a lot.