🔷 Topping L30

2.3w at 32ohms with single ended is insane! Just ordered the e30+l30 stack from apos. Can’t wait.

1 Like

The modi isn’t an amp, but a dac. Unfortunately the modi multibit measured very poorly on audiosciencereview compared to the e30. The magni 3+/heresy has the same output as the l30 with 2.4w at 32 ohms but has a bit of distortion. Clearly the topping measures better, but whether these measurement differences are audible is up to your ears. But overall, you should have no issues with your stack.

1 Like

While this is a trend in the audio world, I am yet to see any site or single person to publish graphs that are worth anything (or have a measurement setup that compensates for its own error).

For those interested:
http://www.cse.psu.edu/~chip/course/analog/lecture/SFDR1.pdf

Again refer to my final line about the worth of measurements. It’s like a person can’t even refer to measurements for anything before being told “measurements are worthless” or talk about subjective sound without being told “that gear has garbage measurements”.

I did not say that, I said “measure correctly”

An amp with this power and measurments easily worth 200$ or more … schiit, geshilli labs and drop ifi ican should do better …

Seriously…the l30+e30 is gonna murder every other stack below $500 (including the d50/a50 and d90/a90 minus balanced). This is gonna light everyone’s ass on fire.

1 Like

Measurement wise at least lol (although it’s also got a pretty great feature set for the price)

Hopefully it sounds as good as it measures “fingers crossed”. But for sure about the features (that hpa/pre front switch!)

I ordered the bundled stack with free RCA cables from Apos Audio. Received an email today though saying that my order shipment has been delayed to Aug. 10. Looking forward to testing it all out when I finally get my hands on it.

1 Like

Ordered the L30 early in the week. Tracker says it shipped this morning and will arrive middle of next week

2 Likes

I guess they went through their initial stock pretty quickly lol.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://soundnews.net/news/topping-released-their-entry-level-l30-headamp-with-nfca-modules/&ved=2ahUKEwiMt-ursoPrAhXLqqQKHcdIAfMQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2I8uGvGbywIqWKhq16APou
…
Link of an overview on L30

this is less of a review and more of an overview

1 Like

Expected ship out date was the 10th. Arrived today with no notice lol. Pleasant surprise.

5 Likes

You know what else would be a pleasant surprise?

A nice review from @Grant_Cho .

1 Like

@BoxingRobes Honestly I can’t say much besides that they sound like what a quality no bullshit dac and amp sound like, very clean, very clear. The build quality is as it looks like: solid machined metal. No weird rattling or anything (I shook it in midair like a madman for a bit to see if anything rattled) I immediately noticed what would be the biggest downfall of this unit: the volume pot. This pot seems to not be properly affixed to the “wheel” behind it, and there is a bit of wiggle room before the wheel behind starts turning. I asked John Yang from topping about it, and it seems to be an issue with the pot itself. No solution as of yet. Front headphone/preout switch best thing ever…why don’t all manufacturers do this? Headphones used are ndh 20 and lcd2. 0db seems to a bit lacking for these 2 cans, and as seen I just run headphones at the +9db around the 1-2 o clock. Usability of the -9db is very good. I can hear no noise with tin t3.

3 Likes

Anyone get this l30 and mind comparing it against the asgard 3?

Arrived a few days ago, been using my iems and headphones through the stack. Build quality is pretty good, and the sound is transparent as expected. Agree with grant, the volume knob seems to have a little give before the actual volume changes, but overall it’s a minor inconvenience for now.

4 Likes

Another issue that is worth mentioning is the heat. My other amps have never been this small and always had room in the chassis to breathe, so they have never as warm as l30. I have a 4 pin pc fan blowing air at the stack with good success. Thoughts on the temp of the l30? It seems to get uncomfortable possibly unsafely warm.

1 Like