Topping MX3 with Win10 PC & Tidal-- Speaker Connection?

So I am excited for my Topping MX3 DAC/Amp to be delivered in 48 hours or so. I have been using my HiBy R5 as a USB DAC to feed my PC’s speakers in the interim for my office system.
So here’s MY QUESTION: My PC speaers currently are a pair of Bose Companion II Series III multimedia speakers. They sound pretty OK with the R5 when I feed them from the 3.5mm headphone jack output…so…when I get the MX3, do I plug the speakers into the headphone jack in front I suppose right? The speaker outputs are actually amplified I think right to directly drive NON powered speakers? I will come around to buying a nice pair, but for now into the Bose PC speakers it’s be from the headphone output of the Topping MX3 right?

Thanks!

So that’s not really an ideal situation, as you would have to plug the Bose into the headphone out which is double amping, but it will be fine for the time being I guess. That would be the only way to use the mx3 with powered speakers

1 Like

I expect to often be unplugging the Bose speakers and plugging my HD660S or IEMs into the MX3…and eventually will look at some efficient, small bookshelf/desktop speakers to amp from the MX3.