Topping MX30 or DX30 or D30/A30 Kit?

Hi !

Ahh i did not know that there is a dedicated website for FiiO products.
But K5 Pro is 20€ more and lacks few features than MX30.

So what are the benefits / pros of the K5 Pro over the MX30 ?
Why should I consider the K5 Pro over MX30?

Br,
MJ

The k5 pro has superior sound quality and driving power over the mx3 imo. It is just the higher quality unit

I just tried to order the MX30 from Amazon and unfortunately I would need to wait for about 20 days for “Shenzhen Audio” to send them and then wait for the next 20 days to arrive… So basically a little more than a month of waiting…

Same goes for DX30 and the D30/A30 because there is the only 1 seller on the Amazon, can you guess who that is??? Exactly, it is the Shenzhen Audio…

I really do not want to order from them because I would need to wait for more than a month for the product to arrive and it is coming directly from China and not even selling/shipping from Amazon, so in case i get a broken unit i would need to pay the shipping fees to send it back to China which are insanely high…

With that, I cannot order anything that I would like, making this whole almost topic pointless…

But thanks to @Djigi I would be able to buy the FiiO K5 Pro.
I really liked to features the MX30 and DX30 Pro have but I cannot order them right now.

Is there a similar product to DX 30 Pro and MX30 ?
Or maybe @Djigi knows where to get the MX30? :slight_smile:
Or should I just for K5 Pro and forget about the other?

The SMSL AD18 is similar to the topping mx3 for a similar price. Personally I would rather prefer the k5 pro as it is a better sounding product, but if you do need the extra features, the dx3 pro isn’t bad. I just think you get more sound quality for the money imo. Also if you got the k5 pro, you could still hook it up to a scarlett if you needed to direct monitor which is a plus.

You can buy from China if you want:

@Djigi
I literally wrote in the same comment where I tagged you that I do not want to buy from Shenzhen Audio because I would need to wait around 40 days to arrive and if the unit comes damaged, I would need to pay the return fees myself and those fees are insanely high. You did not read my comment correctly… :frowning:

@M0N
I ordered the FiiO K 5 Pro, the ATH-M40x and an optical cable :slight_smile:
Guess I would see in few days why people love this kind of audio hardware.
After I setup my unit, in what section should I open new topics about the setup if I have any problems/questions ?

Sory, must skip that part :dizzy_face:
Nice that you find something and hope you will be happy with it.

IDK, I guess if it’s with your headphones then in headphones and if it’s with the amp in amp? Or just PM’s work

I have one question:

• is there something better then FiiO K5Pro in that price range (150€) in Europe (I mean the headphone amp)?

TBH I don’t know because prices and availability would be different, but for the us, it’s a pretty killer package for bang for buck for an all in one. It’s hard to get that power and sound quality for 150 usd.

2 Likes

It is here :slight_smile:

Have you tried them yet? And if so what are your thoughts?

I am listening to some Daft Punk right now :slight_smile:

To be honest, the sound quality upgrade from Logitech G430 to this is insane !

But, the headphones are less comfortable, the pads press pretty hard around the ear shell.
Also, the pads are on the small side, my ear shell fits just inside, touching the walls of the pads all around, it feels somehow weird.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a common complaint with the m40x, so a lot of people change the pads

Is there any recommendation on what gain level i should use ?

At the moment I am on medium and 10 oclock volume, does it even matter ?

I would say lower is better, so you want to make sure you have plenty of volume range, but not have to crank it to be listenable. So if middle works for you that’s just fine :+1:

Few stupid questions, I tried few online tests about the frequency responses and what I saw/heard is that the sound with this headphones goes down to the 18Hz and it just cuts even though it should go to 15Hz and at the 15.1KHz even though they should produce a sound up to 24kHz.
At the 15.1kHz there is no fade away or something, just straight cut and the sound is gone.
My question is:
Is that my hearing limit or the headphones are not performing well?

And

What should I do here:

and here:

Should I change anything here to get better performance?

I would say you could select the 96k and then set the format to 24 bit 96k. What site are you using for testing also? The human hearing range is 20hz-20khz, and most people definitely cannot hear that over 25 ish. But the test should not just cut short at 15k

YouTube cuts at 15.1kHz:

Headphonestest fades out at around 18kHz and hast a similar test like on the YouTube so maybe there is a problem with YouTube:

Audiocheck cuts at 17kHz:

Tonegenerator cuts at ~16.95kHz:
http://onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html

So I am confused now :thinking:

So no problem then :+1: YouTube won’t really work well for testing frequency response. It seems you can hear to 18 khz so that is perfectly normal and I don’t think there is an issue with your gear. If it fades out that would be normal. If it abruptly stops there is a problem with that file or site. It might be a browser comparability issue