Torn between 3 headphones, asking for advice

what are the places you can buy stuff from?

Amazon but a worse Egyptian version, and a market place where you buy and sell used stuff

the latter is where i found the 6xx and the Schiit Heresy

Most countries have VAT, it’s not just an EU thing, it’s the global norm. I’m in Thailand, we have VAT here. Countries without VAT are the exception. Some countries call it GST (Goods and Services Tax) but that is the same principle. Some countries like the US have non-VAT sales tax, which works slightly differently, key with VAT is it is applied incrementally at each stage.

1 Like

FAAEAL make very nice balanced cables for $10-15 (actually $6 here in SE Asia, but $10-15 on AliExpress). I have the Hifiman version, but they make them for Sennheiser as well.

1 Like

HD6XX, especially at those prices

Welp, I live in NZ and I didn’t know we have VAT!

It’s called GST (Goods and Services Tax) in New Zealand (Australia as well).

yeah, and you’re the one paying it… this is what really annoys me about VAT, it’s supposed to be Value Added Tax, so a tax on someone adding value, like a company improving something, producing something, or even importing / distributing something, but it’s the consumer who always ends up paying.

1 Like

well…it is adding value. without it you would not have infrastructure that allows our existence to be ‘civilized’, LoL!

1 Like

Hello, I would take Fidelio x2h, these will be the best I had before, only 1 and they were really good, there was a lot to set options, I recommend them to you very much