TRI Starlight 4 Electrostatic +2BA+1DD 3 way Hybrid

I Got mine like this very moment… Hearing these is kind of painful, incredibly bright… But I don’t know, that haven’t burned yet and running in the fiiobtr5 unbalanced… So, what is your opinion?

What tips are you using? Do you have them inserted deep, or shallow in your ears? What IEMs are you coming from, and how would you describe that IEM in terms of tone? Every graph I have seen (and my personal experience with my Starlighs) reveals them as rolled-off early in the treble, but with extension. Bright isn’t something that I would ever describe these as. I wonder if maybe you’re getting a resonance from insertion depth, and have sensitivity to whatever that frequency is? Everyone’s ears are different, after all.

1. I first used the silicone black ones then I opted to use the black foam

2. when I inserted them I can feel the pressure of the seal.

3. Maybe Neutral-Bright… But I came from the kz 10 pro

4. the sound that were making feel pain are, specially, the female voice and some sound effect of edm music like “you make me” from David guetta.

But it’s kind of strange… Now that I have used them and burned it, the pain is almost gone…

I don’t know if this a psychological thing or I just losed hearing capacities hahahaha… Cus I am not saying that they sound better… They just don’t hurt my ear drums

And now I am kind really enjoying these.

1 Like

Never underestimate brain burn-in! I’d recommend still tip-rolling even as you get used to them, you may be surprised what you end up liking best. I found that I like them best with either Spiral Dots or the Gray/Red stock tips.

Excuse me… I was really enjoying the starlight lately. I changed the non balanced cable with a balanced one.in the fiio btr5. They certainly scaled. I was wondering if they could scale even more with more power. What do you think?

I haven’t found a need to run them balanced, but they certainly love getting a lot of power! They certainly seem to scale well.

1 Like

Is there something special about these IEMs, or their cable…? This is the ONLY IEM I’ve tested so far on Mojo that has ZERO background noise/hiss. Very peculiar.

They are extremely low sensitive and power hungry.