šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

I took a ā€œpeekā€ and out of the box Iā€™m MASSIVELY impressed. I used the stock cable and stock Med bore tips which are sinilar to my go to NiceHCK 1/2 red core Grey tips.

No weaknesses stick out and I found myself listening much longer than expected. Thats always a good sign.

Iā€™ll give these my usual 100 hours of burn in but I dont think these need any which is an indicator of driver quality.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Iā€™m just curious if anyone has modded the SE.

4 Likes

I dont see any need for mods. There are no glaring faults that detract from musical enjoyment. Mid bass is nicely presented. Sub bass isnt bowel wretching but still satisfying and perfect for anything but bass heavy genres.

I took my second ā€œpeekā€ and I cant stop listening. I changed to a pair of my default tips with a slightly more rounded mouth and these are just killing it. Vocal detail retrieval is impressive. Fit is great. I dont even want t o try the Tanchjim Oxygen anymore considering the many faults it has including an iffy fit due to the shirt nozzle reach which will be a major issue for me.

What I love about the Olina SE compared to the KATO is they go in and stay in. KATO seem like they want to pop out. I constantly have to check the fit.

Olina SE is a winner so far from my limited time with them and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone RUNS to the Linsoul website and get a pair.

These cost $100? Youā€™re lying.:grinning:

6 Likes

@Drums1Coffee Just spent some more time with my Olina OG. Really nice, but
youā€™ve got me thinkinā€™ā€¦Damn! :thinking:

1 Like

I own both. OG Olina are modded with Tanya filters and these are more refined overall. Olina SE are a must buy.

Linsoul was super fast in getting these to me in the Northeast US. 10 days from the day I ordered.

2 Likes

I modded my OG Olina with 5x5mm medium density foam plus Tanya filter. Seems to tame the mids and treble some. So far I prefer it.

2 Likes

I only used the Tanya filter and covered the vent near the nozzle with micropore tape. I might remove the micropore tape when I do my direct comparisons to the Olina SE.

A Quicky Impressions of the Olina SE (For K-Pop Listeners)

I have this for about 2 weeks now. Iā€™ll share a quick impressions so far. Itā€™s a much better version of the Moondrop Starfield. What i didnā€™t like about the starfield was how small the soundstage and sub-par imaging. What it was great at was ballad female songs or solo artists music tracks.

A heads up, I have never heard the original Olina before so your impressions might be different than me.

Listened with

• Sony NW-A55 (MrWalkman ONE (WM1Z Plus V2) Firmware)
  • M1 Macbook Air (Youtube music videos and Apple Music)
  • CP100+ (M) Spinfit Eartips

First of all. No vocal sibilance at all. Listening to LOONAā€™s ā€œHi Highā€ and ā€œButterflyā€ are great with it and they can be very sibilance-y with my Fiio FD5.

Soundstage and Imaging are just amazing for the price. It got through some busy songs like IZ*ONE ā€œSecret Story of the Swanā€ and EVERGLOW ā€œFIRSTā€

As for the Bass, I find the sub-bass to be just a very slight lacking, which was noticable in LOONAā€™s ā€œPTT (Paint The Town)ā€. The rumble was present through out the entire song but itā€™s minimal at best. The mid-bass is pretty great with the slams going into the chorus at from the 1:07 mark onwards.

But then I listened to NCT 127 ā€œCherry Bombā€ and my lord the sub-bass rumble was just Chefs Kiss amazing.

Continuing the mid-bass, itā€™s very well presented and I chose Wonder Girls ā€œWhy So Lonelyā€ for a more live-instrument recording listening. it definitely impress and with an already great soundstage and imaging, itā€™s a very enjoyable track to listen to through out.

Vocals are naturally forward and detailed. Red Velvet ā€œRBBā€ tested it with itā€™s vocal imaging, not only in the mids but also the details in the soundstage.

And finally going into the Treble. Now Iā€™m quite treble sensitive so I may detect the peaks fairly easily but for the Olina SE, itā€™s pretty good for my ears. I used Aileeā€™s ā€œReminiscingā€ because this track is very very treble peak-y and was barely listenable with my Fiio FD5. With the Olina SE, it almost reached to that peak but I was feeling comfortable listening to this track with it so it gets a total pass with me.

SHINeeā€™s ā€œ1 of 1ā€ is also a great listen for a treble-sensitive listener like me. It was almost hard to listen to with my Fiio FD5 but felt no stress with the Olina SE which made my listening experience enjoyable through out the entire track.

From what I can feel so far, this set may not be for Treble-heads but great for everything else. Itā€™s definitely a much more better version than the Mele which I loved and the fitting is really really comfortable. For the price, the details are hella clean and it can be a casual listenerā€™s endgame honestly.

At the end of the day, itā€™s a fun set to have and youā€™re just married to the music without even realizing it.

7 Likes

Iā€™d suggest to change the tips ā€¦ CP100 for me reduces the bass noticeably and makes vocals thin.
I much more prefer the sound out of Audiosense S400, kz starline and even stock tips ā€¦ YMMV of course.

2 Likes

I used a med/wide bore with rounded mouth and for most music across various genres and they were perfect. I believe they were the Large tips included with TRN sets with the 1/2 red cores.

I did change to a narrow bore tip for a live recording that had a slightly hot treble and the treble bite was brought down to a comfortable level which shows the Olina SE are sensitive to different tips when the music calls for it.

I did a quick comparison to the OG Olina with a Bach violin Sonata and didnt notice much difference with only a violin and harpsichord playing. With a few Metal tracks from the band Sermon which us a very well executed recording and mastering. The kick drum is the focus of the drum set being mixed very far forward in the mix. On the Olina SE the detail of the beater hitting the head is very pronounced and extremely detailed. On the Olina OG you get more of a thump of the bass drum with less if the beater/head interaction.

So Olina SE wins out this percussion cage match which shows a consuderable difference in the treble tuning. My biggest concern was that Olina OG with mods would sound identical to the Okina SE and this has proven to not be the case. So far Iā€™m very impressed wotj the Olina SE and found myself completely lost in the music when attempting to make a quick comparison with a few select tracks.

So I tried using the stock tips in the Olina SE, it does gives off a more bass-y feel to it. It gives out more of that sub-bass rumble but it unfortunately kinda loses itā€™s clarity for me.

I switched back to the CP100+ and it sounded okay back for me. Iā€™m not a bass head so I find the overall bass to be just fine. But right now Iā€™m using the newly released Spinfit W1 tips and itā€™s been pretty good so far.

Using the Spinfit W1 tips, while listening to Taeyeonā€™s ā€˜Four Seasonsā€™, on the 2:35 - 2:51 mark, the acoustic guitar strum on both channels has a certain weight to it and felt full while her vocals were just crisp and detailed in a natural way in the mids.

As for the bass rumble, listening to IVE ā€œLOVE DIVEā€, with the stock tips, it does give a more rumbly bass feel but loses itā€™s clarity in their vocals. With the W1 and CP100+, it brought back itā€™s clarity while sacrifising a tad bit of that bass rumble. The slams are quite present in both the stock and spinfit tips.

Finally listening to something more rock, Dreamcatcher ā€œYOU AND Iā€, on the 0:49 - 1:17 mark, I did not expect to hear the hi-hat on the right channel that clearly. At least to my ears, the Spinfit W1 tips feels ā€œcorrectā€ with this track. Stock tips definitely makes it more bass-y but loses itā€™s detail retrieval just a tad bit.

I think for those who loves to tip roll, the Olina SE will be quite the fun set to experiment and try on cause it seems to give out different reactions everytime for me. If I want a more ā€œall-rounderā€ sound, I can always use the stock tips. If I want something more detailed and more for solo female artists but doesnā€™t mind a slight bit of overall bass sacrifice, the Spinfits are just amazing for it.

I personally prefer the Spinfits for my music library overall. My take away from this, if you have the Olina SE and you find something doesnā€™t sound right with your favourite tracks, donā€™t be afraid to tip roll and you will eventually find the right tips for your listening needs.

3 Likes

Anyone know if the Olina SE would be okay to use when at the gym? Iā€™ve heard certain filters on IEMs make it so sweat or what not doesnā€™t ruin them.

I would never use Olina for working out, but thatā€™s me

3 Likes

me neither wireless or nothing

like the others have said, I donā€™t think wired IEMs should be in the realm of exercising, there are just too many things to go wrong. The two pin connection, the sweat getting into the unit and damaging the drivers and not to mention if the cable gets caught on something, and the IEM gets ripped out of our ear with the cable being over it ā€¦ that wouldnā€™t feel nice.

I used to use Olinas with TWS adapters and they worked out great exept for the condensation issue I experienced with the Olinas. I moved to earbuds connected to the TWS adapter so I can hear my surroundings more

This is the reason my Beats Powerbeats Pro live in my collection

1 Like

I too have a TWS juuuuuust in case I want to go skating or ride my bike. I ainā€™t taking any chances with my sets lol

Yeah Iā€™ve had some condensation issues with my pair of Meles on multiple occasions which is unfortunately why I donā€™t use them as much any more. You have a set up with earbuds + Wireless adapter? Thatā€™s pretty sick. Mind If I see a pic?

I have always worked out with wired IEMs, and Iā€™ve never had an issue as a result OTHER than having a cable with copper start turning green eventuallyā€¦but Iā€™ve also had that happen from just wearing them on walks during the humid summer, so YMMV. That being said, I donā€™t use my ā€œexpensiveā€ IEMs while working out, and tend to turn to either ā€œbeatersā€ or cheaper single-DDs. Hell, back in the day I used to walk/run with a chonky DAP in hand and a pair of ATH-FC700s on my head (old on-ear cans) until the pleather died to friction and sweat, at which point I replaced them with a pair of ATH-FC7s (the replacement model lol). I used THOSE until the same happened over years, as well as the headband getting melty from leaving it in my car all summer long when not in use.
I will say that I have since moved on to being more careful with my headphones and IEMs though. I would also note that Iā€™ve never had an issue, perceptible at least, with any filters and moisture in my ears when walking/running in any season, so again, YMMV.