đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

I disagree. It’s only my experience but as someone who experienced condensation on the OG Olina, switching to Tanya filters completely resolved the problem so it definitely seems like something that can be addressed

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you. I don’t know why the olina SE concievers didn’t use use the Tanya filter material for their filters. Maybe tuning reasons, maybe they just didn’t acknowledged it. Maybe they think it can’t be a universal solution. :man_shrugging:

Maybe @hbb could tell if they thought about that and why they didn’t choose this solution?

Olina SE review:

3 Likes

They could even apply some hydrophobic spray on filters as is did and fixed the issue for mine 
 I haven’t faced the condensation for months.
The problem is that HBB doesn’t experience the issue so he can’t find out if it’s fixed or not.

Does hydrophobic spray really have no impact on the sound?

I don’t feel anything negative and currently loving my set :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Has Anyone tried mele filters or moondrop filters with olina?
Currently using tanya filters with og olina but wanted maybe more filters at hand just for insurance. Aliexpress doesn’t deliver here and I don’t want another tanya collecting dust. Only options I have are moondrop filters from shenzhen, mele and olina filters from linsoul.

New Olina Se will be an upgrade over Olina ?

i would’nt upgrade. u can tune the olina into anything basically with filters and or eq. To me no mod needed.

1 Like

Counterpoint: if you don’t have OG Olina, Olina SE is the one you should buy if you plan to (need to) do mods or EQ to OG Olina

2 Likes

I try Ikko oh10 vs Olina and prefer Ikko. Maybe i should try new Se

Or just enjoy OH10. If you like OH10, you don’t have to like Olina

4 Likes

We don’t have a separate thread for the SE, so I am dropping this here.

This is the Tripowin Noire with the Olina SE. The full combo with the BTR5 is impressive. I am looking forward to trying out the new 7Hz 71 Dongle DAC later this month ( that is the $35 AKM model ).

10 Likes

I just received the USPS notification that my Olina SE will be delivered today. I didnt order right away since I didnt want to wait 3 or 4 weeks. I finally ordered on 9/27. 10 days aint that bad.

Now I wish I ordered the Z12 in Red/Blue when they were first released. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Way to go Linsoul!:+1:

1 Like

I may be considering selling my Z12 in the near future, just wanting to run a couple of mods to see if I’ll like them more after first.

I know there was a lot of discussion surrounding the modding of the Olina
 Have any of you with Olina SE considered modding, such as placing one of the included extra filters over either vent?

2 Likes

no need for me. i use wavlet with selected profiles with enhancement from the original graphs if needed.

1 Like

Got mine today.

3 Likes

A

3 Likes

Double filter mod for Olina OG was needed to increase bass a little bit and specially to tame upper-mids and treble.

IMO Olina SE doesn’t need any mod. I’m using it stock and don’t have the issue with upper-mids and treble that I had with OG.

5 Likes