šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Just a heads up. I ordered from amazon like 4 days ago. It showed up today and didnā€™t come with any lyric card or number card. Just thge regular warranty info card.

Just listened and played some songs from the lithuania hq playlist. The treble, holy fuck. So crispy and airy <3. Thatā€™s what grabbed my attention first. Going to the store rn and Iā€™ll be back later to give some more thoughts. First is definitely that beautiful treble.

4 Likes

@TimpTim44 Iā€™m going to slightly defer on your question and ask the MUCH more knowledgeable members here for help on the answers. But from what I know in my limited experience (and granted that no IEM will ever match the Bose set I save for airplanes, of course), Iā€™d say the Olinaā€™s isolation is almost certainly above average for an IEM. And maybe truly excellent? Anyone else have a take?

As you say, itā€™s always tip dependent, and for me that means something deep enough. As comfortable as the Olina is, for me itā€™s the most depth-needy of the few IEMs Iā€™ve owned. If that makes sense. [EDIT: Iā€™ve never owned the Oxygen, Blon, or any of the known fit-issue IEMs, mind you.]

(And yeah, I hear ya on intonation! For every attribute related to that, I canā€™t imagine a better IEM south of 250 bucks. But for me personally, thatā€™s assuming the game-changing double-filter mod.)

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve heard the tip is a bit short, hence the question, thanks. Maybe others can comment as wellā€¦tia.

Awesome set!

8 Likes

Last night I had time to listen and Iā€™m really impressed . Am using the double Filter mod . The layering itā€™s impressive , the imaging in staging itā€™s unbelievable 3D . On Sam Smith - Pray i was like wtf i have never heard this before and I listened to it probably hundreds of times :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

6 Likes

sorry, can you explain in one sentence what is the point of this lyrics card game ? is it only that one individual will get a free upgrade cable out of this massive collaborative work ?

Iā€™m not 100% sure, HBB can help you more with the details, Iā€™m just running logistics.

As far as I know, every team that completes a verse, gets some freebies.

Those that get golden cards, get the 100usd from purchasing Olina back :slight_smile:

1 Like

checking if you have a golden card in the box seems a better time/reward return on investment ratio than this lyrics business :slight_smile:

Sweet free upgrade cable here we go! :raised_hands:

7 Likes

My review of Tripowinā€™s Olina is now updated to reflect all the modding changes people have been finding and to include comparisons with FDX1.

Enjoy :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Any suggestion for cable for olina?
Suggestion for modular cable for around $50?
Suggestion for non modular cable ( 4.4 )for around $50 too? At my country easier for nicehck and hakugei atmā€¦
Prefer balance upgradeā€¦

what about $6.8 for 4.4mm 8 core balanced cable ? is that a good deal ? :slight_smile: 8 Core Oxygen Free Copper Silver Plated Headphone Upgraded Cable HIFI Earphone Wire For SE846 SE535 TRN V80 V20 ED12 Earbuds| | - AliExpress

1 Like

Welcome to HFGF :smiley: If you can stretch your budget then maybeā€¦

Or a more economical optionā€¦

2 Likes

And Would you please explain
from - 50 Ways to Leave to Leave Your Lover, by Paul Simon

I posted this text earlier, but I didnā€™t have a photo for it. I am busy this weekend with a family wedding, and sadly I am not going to get any listening time until Monday or Tuesday.

6 Likes

@John_W_Clark Thought maybe your wife wrote that! Have a good time with
the family.

4 Likes

That xinhs, compare to kinera ace or leyding hmm :thinking::thinking:

LOL

His wife saw lyrics from 50 ways to leave your lover

Whatā€™s going on John??
A lyric game??
You think Iā€™m stupid?
Johnā€¦JOHN!!!
giphy (14)

6 Likes

lol, good read, she typed the original in the car while I was driving on the I-5

A family wedding on Monday with a Sunday rehearsal is horrible way to destroy a weekend.

3 Likes

Ha ha! Great comeback! :joy: