đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Is there a cable that’s similar to the FH3/FHE that I can use on the olina? I like the thick cable the fh3 uses and hate the braided twisty ones all the cheaper iem’s use. Specifically a lighter color and not black necessarily.

Also, the double filter mod, or the mesh mod seem to do away with that crispy, airy sparkly treble. That’s the most impressive thing about it. It’s so addicting. Adding the mesh seemed to be great for mids and lower end. Gave it a bit more smoother sound. Double filter just smears everything together but in a good way? Not really a fan of that though. I love it stock. Pure sparkly like a ribbon tweeter in a bookshelf speaker.

2 Likes

@nymz @hawaiibadboy

My first post here - just joined the forum :smiley:

I’ve only listened half an hour so far, but I’m really impressed! Using the large wide bore tips included, but am waiting for comply ts 500 to arrive. With the included tips I have enough bass, but the highs is a little much sometimes - I do think the comply foam will do the trick for me. I do intend to use the Olina stock, based on my listening so far. I’m really enjoying everything sounding so natural.
Thanks, HBB, for an excellent iem! :smiley:

I’ve got #12: “But you and I we’ve ben through that” - from Jimi Hendrix: All Along the Watchtower :smiley:

10 Likes

Is there a way to just buy more filters? I might want to experiment with some more configurations.

1 Like

Olina’s are awesome
 tried double mesh mod, but prefer stock - I listen at low to mid volumes. Thank you Chris. You rock man!

10 Likes

Tracking has them at my local post office, chances they don’t come Monday are super slim. Chances that my listening time on Monday is next to nothing? Pretty high. Feels like my deliveries always just miss the weekend

5 Likes

This is my card! Gotta say the olina fits great and sounds great. Easily my favorite!

7 Likes

OK ITS HERE

Has a blank card tho. Nonetheless, hyped!

7 Likes

Here comes the SOUND
And I say, it’s all right :musical_note::musical_note::notes::notes::musical_note::musical_note::notes::notes::musical_note:

17 Likes

Will it not peel of the original filter?

It did not when I removed the second layer, using the sharp point of a small life to “catch” and lift the additionally-applied one. I was admittedly a touch worried about that, but I was just careful and gentle in the process. Even if it did remove or damage the original, there are multiple pairs of filters so you could also just re-apply fresh ones on a whim. I even managed to replace the “used” additional filters back on the sheet of spares, with them visually appearing undamaged.

nope, but be carefull, use a needle and a magnifying glass

Man we should’nt even have to do this.

1 Like

You don’t have to do it; it’s an optional mod that’s free and easily reversible. Personally, I like them best stock out of the box with wide bore tips and a good seal.

1 Like

Yep that’s what found as well. Don’t want to mess up the tip.

1 Like

That was my thought 
 I usually experiment with some EQ first to see what I think perfect would be for me, and then work from there. Sort of least effort to reverse to most.

I found them a bit light on bass at first, but with a pair of CP100+ it sounded much better. As usual a good fit can fix the bass on most IEMs. If you have a pair of ear tips that are your favorites, always do that first.

Also Olina have that amazingly comfortable fit just like the Mele, which my ears really appreciate. I am enjoying the timber way more than I expected on an IEM at this price.

5 Likes

I think there is an expectations issue here, especially coming off experience in IEMs which a lot have quite exaggerated bass. It’s not like bass lives in isolation, more bass effects the perception of other parts of the frequency response. You absolutely need to ensure a proper seal (or everything goes to shit). But I’d listen to them for a week before starting to fuck about. Then go back and listen to some others, you may start to think the others sound bloated in comparison.

6 Likes

I also have been listening to the S12 with a +6db bass shelf under 166Hz for half of the last week, which is also altering my expectation right now. I found that to be the point where the Shuoer actually gets some slam, but it probably makes a lot of other things seem thin this week.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. I’m currently trying to detox on bass. Back on the HD600s. They’re sounding great. I put a bass shelf on the KZ CRNs for christ sake. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have been tiprolling for a few hours now, and DAMN these iems are so tip dependent.

To be honest out of the box, i was kinda disappointed with the bass. Not with the quantity but with the quality of the bass (blasphemous i know). The explosive low frequencies at the beginning of ‘Eventually’ by Tame Impala sounded uncontrolled and bloated while wearing stock tips. Switched to CP100s, the bass issue is still there.

I finally settle with the poor mans version of the Azla - inversed KZ starlines (S). Bass cleaned up noticeably and the iem sounded way more coherent. Bonus points for comfort!

After seeing so many posts about retuning it with filters, I would recommend finding the perfect pair of tips first and foremost as its a game changer. May the Olina hype continue!

11 Likes