šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Olina, along with the S12, are my daily duo at work. So so good. Olina is super easy to remove if someone wants to talk to me, and S12 has better passive isolation. Those two are truly must-haves for audiophiles in the budget and even mid-tier budget range!

6 Likes

Amen to that bro :+1: but a good SE source is as good as a balanced one, it just comes down to how the amp is implemented and what the manufacture has specified as their main priorityā€¦if there are two out puts then probably use the balanced one but deffo try each :smiley:

3 Likes

Itā€™s very difficult to do this comparison adequately. Our memory is unreliable. You need to be almost instantly flicking back and forth, repeating some small section of a track, volume matching, blind etc. Even if you can swap everything in 30 seconds itā€™s too long (IMO). It isnā€™t to say you are intentionally biased.

3 Likes

I want it!!!

2 Likes

I like the S12 better, but has both as well, mo modding needed.

2 Likes

mo money mo problems

S12 has an easy to like tuning and is a layered detail beast that is great for electronic/sythwave and metal/djent, a glass edge. The Olina offers more wind blowing on grass organic appeal, a down feather.

I was working outside today. I took the Olina, and realized I left my BTR5 at home, so my only option was the Apple Dongle in my bag, and I was pleasantly surprised that it had more than enough power to drive the Olina. I was also happy I have left the stock 3.5mm cable on, since I usually go 2.5mm, but I have enjoyed the extended battery life on my BTR5 with SE.

1 Like

I think it is really overlooked in our community how little power those little machines IEMs are do require to operate properly in general.
There are some REALLY rare cases it is not true (when designers decided for some reason to decrease the sensitivity of increase the impedance heavily by choice), but think about the fact there are full size headphones with couple centimeter diaphragms easily driven from phones.

5 Likes

Glad that you mentioned it. Iā€™m waiting for my Olina, XINHS graphene balanced cable and BTR3K for balanced outputā€¦! Iā€™ll share my experience as soon as I get these.

My favourite mod Tanya filter on nozzle and Y3 filter on the front vent.

Right now is my end game for single DD :ok_hand::notes:

3 Likes

Wew! the blue look on those are pretty good, makes me want to get them even more right now. But alas, it will have to wait, for I already ordered the Tin HiFi T3+ as a new replacement for my T2s. I will try it on stock first before I do any modding on it, just to see how it will fair for me in its intended stock original sound.

I like a 250 filter on the front vent. Add 200 to 300 over the stock filter. Iā€™m using 250 now or a 300 +400 stack but have 200s on the way. With the top end, itā€™s trade offs of enough air vs a more even upper mid/highs. Pick your poison but they punch above their cost in any config.

For my personal preferences, Iā€™d probably have a smaller front and back vent to tighten the bass with a bit less amplitude but theyā€™re better suited to most with this sort of bass amplitude. Iā€™m not massing with that as theyā€™re quite enjoyable this way. :slightly_smiling_face:

For reference, I like S8s with Complys to drop the pinna gain a couple DB (at least in my ears). Use with a silver cable. Also own EE Spartans. Most multi driver units sound like they have some phase or group delay issues to me even if tonally correct as do some of the most ā€˜openā€™ sounding ones. When I 1st got the jh13fp way back, they were a revelation. S8s have that same quality with better tonality once adjusted. Canā€™t speak to measured group delay but they sound more like a single driver to me than other multi driver IEMs Iā€™ve recently experienced.

3 Likes

man after my own heart - I am also sporting a Y3 filter on the vent haha

3 Likes

just one of the test tracks for the low end

1 Like

Where are all the lyrics game cards at? Seems there wonā€™t be a single verse completed anytime soon. Good idea but well it is as it is.

No idea. I was asked to make more cards. I think some got damaged or lost.
Some people just ignored em because the cards were not sent out in order.
Epic idea with poor execution.
They never liked the idea. Saw it as a ā€œDelayā€.
If I ever try again I will ship all units myself
1 song
cards shipped in order
If you want things done right you gotta ā€¦

15 Likes

One other piece of advice: if you do the card game again, write the instructions directly on the card: I think many people just didnā€™t know about the game.

4 Likes

Will make it smaller
and will have to account for the folks who ripped the cards (2x) and posted (Discord) then deleted after saying they were going to keep bombing the HF / HFG threads
ā€œRide or Dieā€
Fellow reviewer capped that and sent me as a heads up.
Reminding me of the DUNU/******** event.
This is the hobby now.

I thought companies like Dunu and others were careful with info and who they trust to control narrative.
No
no
Itā€™s also to prevent intentional sabotage by fraud.

Some folks have legit hardware problems
Some folks have legit mental problems and their meds is being trolls.

Very interesting that the story of the Social media smear campaign put on Dunu has never been told by any major reviewer.

KZ drama was deepest look into what goes on all the time except this time they were on the recieving end. All those folks stoking a fire they donā€™t actually care about.
They just wanna watch the world burn.

3 Likes

I am a weirdo. I buy sets to enjoy music. Wrong hobby I guess :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

People trust you weirdo :laughing:

6 Likes