šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

I have this on the 2 sides. I donā€™t really care, as they mainly stay in my ears.

2 Likes

You can just send the XINHS store a personal message. I requested a grey circular chin slider and L connector. For the filters I removed the original one and put on a 4.5mm 500 mesh in itā€™s place. Thereā€™s a tutorial on YouTube by Michael Bruce.

2 Likes

Original is closer to 400. 4.5mm and if you donā€™t want to stack, get the 500. and 250 for the from vent. You can also try stacking the 250 on the original.

2 Likes

I have the same issue on one side only. Bummed about it, but oh well. Still sounds as awesome as ever. :grinning:

1 Like

So I pulled the trigger on a BTR3K. I was getting really annoyed with my Olinas falling off my 2 pin adapters. Does anyone have a rec for a good short cable that compliments the Olina? Also is it work going 2.5 balanced vs single ended?

You simply buy a 2.5 mm Balanced to 2-pin 0.78 mm cable. A lot of the cable makers on AliExpress can do a custom short cable for your needs.

So you would rec balanced vs single ended for the Olina?

Do you have a lot of electromagnetic interference? Do you have headphones that need extra power? The balanced connector delivers over double the power (at 32 Ohm, actually worse at lower impedance) over single ended. I think only one of the two DAC chips is engaged with SE, so the audio quality might be improved as well with balanced. You probably donā€™t need balanced with the Olina, but if it is already there, then you might as well use it.

Yes, with that device, absolutely.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna receive my Olina + 2.5 cable + BTR3K in a few days. Iā€™ll post a feedback

2 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to the impressions

1 Like

I donā€™t think Olinaā€™s need to be balanced but ymmv depending on source power

1 Like

Actually balanced output of BTR3K is just about as powerful as SE of sth like BTR5ā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah the btr3k is a bit low on power (although itā€™s more powerful than my UTWS3). I would have gotten the Q5K but the only way to get them right now is through their website and I wanted to try this form factor first before I invest heavily in tit

Just to back this up:

2 Likes

My btr3k should come in today. Excited to try this thing out!

1 Like

both btr3k outputs will have enough power for olina, more power is only usefull for high impedance full size can, but not for iems that are low impedance/high sensitivity. crinacle says apple dongle is enough power which is why he uses it to graph all his iems. you will hear no difference between btr3k BAL and SE (if you make sure loudness is identical and do it in a blind test to avoid placebo) it was my experience with olina on es100 comparing SE and BAL (es100 (23mW in SE/89mW BAL) is very similar in power output as btr3k )

not entirely true there are IEMā€™s that need more power than what the apple dongle can provide

2 Likes

please do a blind test and make your own judgement about iems sounding better with more power on the same source (high gain vs low gain, bal vs SE). i did it with a planar iem and could not hear any difference.

1 Like

^^^ X2 Hereā€™s two examples P1 and Z1R :+1:

1 Like