šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Thereā€™s reasons that balanced ā€˜couldā€™ be better but itā€™s never a given.

Finally ā€¦ after 3 months of wait!!! just got my Olina + BTR3K + KZ AZ09 Pro
Iā€™ll post more detailed impressions + pictures as soon as I use them enough (and receive my 2.5 cable). but here are some quick notes: (considering Iā€™m an average user and CCA CRA + Abigail (or my phone) was my previous combo)

1. Olina is amazing no need to add more talk from me!! I didnā€™t hear any peaks and piercing highs
    (perk of using CRA and being prepared for the worst :joy:)
  2. BTR3K is also amazing despite getting some hate in community!! itā€™s a very good match for bright IEMs and tamed my CRA peaks wonderfully without losing detailā€¦!! it just sound smooth and I love it
  3. AZ09 Pro surprised me the most!! because I expected the least from it!! I couldnā€™t hear any SQ loss from wireā€¦ Iā€™m sure there is some ā€¦ but to my ear it wasnā€™t possible to noticeā€¦ maybe I should A/B it ā€¦ but why bother ā€¦ if the difference is that small, I donā€™t care for itā€¦! I love that it has gaming mode and I can use it to my TV with perfect lip-syncā€¦!
    Iā€™m yet to receive my 2.5 cable. Iā€™ll let you know if Olina benefits from balanced output of BTR3K. I sure wonā€™t need more volume. it can get REALY loud as it is.
3 Likes

Do you have your AZ09 pros on the Olina or your CRA? I noticed the 2 pin is a different type then the one the Olina uses

1 Like

at first I planned to use Olina wired (or +btr3k) for maximum SQ and CRA + az09 pro for sth good on the go. but honestly AZ09 surprised me and I love its form factor so its attached to Olina for now. maybe 2.5 cable changes this thoughā€¦ Iā€™ll let you know soon.
and yes AZ09 has QDC pin. you have to trim it manually if you want to use it on Olina

1 Like

All i ever use 4.4 balanced. nobody aint got time for 3.5mm lol

With the UTWS3 u need no cable, btr u still have to use the cable, i rather have no cable dangeling.

The UTWS3 will definitely see some use still. I use them for the gym or other more active activities. Got some earbuds on their way to hook to them.

Iā€™m trying the btr out now for work and so far itā€™s been great! The bt support is much better (2 devices at once) and having the option to wire it in is nice.

soā€¦ olina thread is no more???
I wonder why olina got merged with this one and its still titles like thisā€¦ should we talk about olina or balanced ??!

whatā€™s an Olina?

2 Likes

Itā€™s an IEM that had its posts merged into this thread. I came here to see if there are any interesting posts, but I left with an Olina because its a no-brainer, Trippowin has a great premium, cutting edge reputation for making IEMs, and HBB is a respectable, empathetic, nurturing human being. I just had to support it.

2 Likes

why was a thread about an IEM merged with one discussing the pros / cons of balanced cables?

1 Like

i think there has been a mistake and @Ohmboy wanted to merge some later posts in olina thread with this one but he accidently merged the whole thread and now thereā€™s no thread for olina !!
or maybe iā€™m wrongā€¦ he knows better

1 Like

Why not for a few $ more grab the utws5? IS there much diff between the 2

Imo there isnā€™t much difference between the two. The main issues I have with the UTWS3 is itā€™s Bluetooth support it lackluster (good range but you need to disconnect the adapter or turn off the Bluetooth on your connected in order to connect it to a new one) and I have the mmcx version with the 2 pin adapters which kind of suck. Maybe I got a bad adapter but my iem keeps falling off the two pin and so my sound will cut out or my iem will just fall out of my ear. The mmcx connection is much stronger so Iā€™m getting an mmcx earbud to hook up to it

If I went UTWS5 I would probably go 2 pin but 1) I would be limited to none recessed IEMs and 2) I run the risk of the whole adapter being useless if a2 pin fails or breaks.

With the BTR3K I remove those concerns since Iā€™m using a cable. Plus it also allows me to make headphones wireless too which is nice

@Ohmboy I donā€™t want to derail this thread with bt stuff. Is there a Bluetooth discussion thread we could move this too?

Also any word on fixing the Olina thread?

2 Likes

headphones wireless, i thought u needed them to plugged into the utws3

I meant wireless as in wireless from source. Not in the true wireless sense

Yah it doesnt look like anyone is fixing itā€¦ not sure why no one is responding.

Yeah Iā€™m not sure either but I think the thread is deleted at this point :weary:

I did my best to unmerge this topic from the Is Balanced better topic. I am not sure what posts were intended to be moved out and at this point Iā€™m thinking its best to let them ride until it can be resorted out and then merged proper. My main concern was to put all the posts from the Tripowin X HBB Olina topic back in place and remove the timer that was going to auto delete the thread.

Hopefully that has been done - weā€™ll know in 15 hours ā€¦

Thanks for flying HFGF - have a safe and wonderful trip!
:musical_score: Enjoy the Music!

12 Likes