šŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

Thread is baaaackkk! I donā€™t even own the Olina but I still enjoy the thread. Thanks boys!

6 Likes

Thank you sir :pray:
HFGF is the best Flight in town :notes: :musical_note:

5 Likes

Woo!! Iā€™m glad it didnā€™t get deleted

3 Likes

Because they donā€™t want us to know the truth! They hide from us, they want to manipulate the mass, but we know better!! Come with me, brother, rise against the authorities! Letā€™s fight and let people know: audio is good, audio is cheap!! Spread the word, donā€™t let them silence you!!

3 Likes

I go away to unpack after my move and stuff happens, nice to see things are back.

Thanks to @Delta9K for sorting out the mess.

4 Likes

Finally got my Olina today.

First impressions:

• Sounds like a rehash of Moondropā€™s DD IEMs (IE: Aria, KATO, Starfield.) w/ more upper mids and some spicy 13k energy thrown in. Overall tuning is solid, though the Olina has a bit too much 6-8k energy for my taste

• Wide soundstage, solid layering and good resolution. I think youā€™d be hard pressed to find an IEM under 100 bucks that bests the Olina on intangibles or at equals it.

• Timbre to me sounds like if the Starfield and JVC HA-FDX1 had a baby aka a good middle ground between pleasing and analytical. Iā€™d personally take the Olina over the FDX1 given itā€™s metallic timbre, though I think I still prefer the Starfield given itā€™s more musical timbre and more laid back tuning.

I think this one is an easy keeper, need to spend more time with my Olina.

10 Likes

My advice, you can replace the original filter with tanya filter. Peak problems in the upper mid and treble can be reduced by this. The tonality of the sound becomes smoother and more balanced, the vocals are fuller, and more comfortable for long listening.

4 Likes

Try the double stock olina filter mod. Helps a lot.

Or if you want to try something different (more neutral):

Current EQ Iā€™m using for my Olina :wink: If you donā€™t want any changes to the mid/bass then ignore the EQ from 30-900Hz:

4 Likes

Used some sandpaper on it and Iā€™m very happy how it turned out. Very easy fix. Looks just as good just not glossy like the unaltered side.

4 Likes

Nice! If you want a shine, youā€™ll need to get a polishing compound/wax. But thatā€™s probably overkill haha

5 Likes

If you want it very glossy use a motorcycle windscreen polish after the polishing compound.

2 Likes

Glad this thread is backā€¦I am waiting for Ovidius B1 nuclear dongle to pair with Olina since its recently up for $75 on Linsoul and Andy.Ef from Donglemadness website claims that with this combo, Olina performs like a $500 setā€¦lets see.

Definately S12 and Olina is the highest vfm to date. S12 no eq with Azla crystal and Altea pure copper litz cable shines on my Xduoo L2B dongleā€¦the widest and deepest stage with excellent bass everything else is just perfect for me.

4 Likes

Tried the double filter mod, problem solved. It sounds extremely similar to the Starfield with this mod, but technicalities are a different story, the Olina takes a poopoo on the Starfield in this regard. Looks like Iā€™ll be maining the Olina because the Starfield got outclassed, I was maining mine for almost 2 years despite owning like 8 sets that are more expensive.

Bought stuff like the DUNU EST 112, Fiio FD5, Softears Volume, Thieaudio Legacy 4., JVC HA FDX1ā€¦ None of these sets gave me the same enjoyment as the Starfield, itā€™s a testament that more money doesnā€™t equal more enjoyment. Iā€™d take double filter Olina over any of those 5 sets. I think the only set that might beat the Olina is a B2:Dusk or Variations which I have planned to get in a few months from now. Canā€™t afford to spend a few hundred on more gear at the moment.

A+ tier IEM w/ double filters. A- stock.

Have a DUNU Vernus sent directly by DUNU themselves which is essentially a re-tuned Falcon Pro (Never bought one because the FR suggests bloat and I hate bloaty IEMs.) wonder how this will stack with the Olina?

5 Likes

Anyone how a great budget dongle or DAC/AMP to run with the Olina?

I have some leftover Amazon store credit, almost enough to get a second one for a buddy. The Olina doesnā€™t sound great without decent amplification, giving one without a decent source wonā€™t cut it.

Iā€™m running mine off a Jade Audio KA3, sounds quite good.

I know Ikko sells a budget DAC/AMP for around $60, tho Iā€™m not sure if it would be a good match with the Olina.

Tempotec E44 is greatā€¦bit agressive. Try alao xduoo L2B little pricy but worth it.

I am waiting for Ovidius B1 for Olinasā€¦recently up for sale for $75 cant resist.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sold on the 250 filters both added to the nozzle and the front port but I just donā€™t use these with my EE Spartan and Moondrop S8s on hand. I donā€™t see a classified section so if anyone wants a pair with these with an hour or 2 actual ear time with another 100 or so breakin on a desk, PM me. This is a clean pair with nice caps. Iā€™ll include some spare filters to stack plus all the original replacements and accessories etc. Like new except I had to split the wrap paper to open them. Box just refused to push out either end. :roll_eyes: Actual box is fine.

You can also post this here: Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread

2 Likes

Hey HBB, still loving the Olina, now really donā€™t reach for MELE any more.

I have three constructive feedbacks of Olina v. MELE:

1. the angle of the nozzle of the MELE fits me better than that of the Olina. That Olina angle makes the top of the the earpiece at the cable joining stick out a little from my head. The MELE doesnā€™t

2. The cable of the Olina, over a five month period, has become hard like the cable from two years ago KZs. The cable of the MELE is still soft and supple.

3. The Hawaii blue caps of the MELE just OWN the grey of the Olina.

Plusā€¦ I have had dropped volume issues with Olina, and it is from the way the filter absorbs earwax. It is NOT from condensation in my case. When I change out the (double) filter, all is fine for a few weeks.

Keep up the good work.

6 Likes

I highly rec the Tanya mod. No volume issues once I did that

3 Likes
  1. this is also the case for me. more so after I changed the cable. But I saw HBB saying this was essential for the sound tuning.
  2. Yeah stock cable is not good.
  3. You have 2 options. either use Tanya filter or use some anti moisture spray which is used for shoes and cloths. also try not to use wide bore tips :grinning:
1 Like