đŸ”¶ Tripowin X HBB Olina

I’m replacing the stock filter with Tanchjim Tanya/Oxygen Filter. For me, it’s better than the double filter mod. The graph can be similar to Oxygen

6 Likes

Tanya filter completely fixed condensation issues for me. The stock one did not last me even a few hours before 1 side got f’ed. Love the Tanya mod.

6 Likes

I am just happy that an affordable solution resolves that issue.

Best ear tips I have tried with the Olina. And I have a pretty extensive inventory of different tips. large bore.
AZLA SednaEarfitLight
[AZLA SednaEarfitLight 2 Pairs
 Amazon.com]

1 Like

I got them on my Olina also
put the short light on my Aria

1 Like

I was wanting to try the Azla Sednaearfit Max tips but can’t get them in the US. Even direct from Azla they won’t ship to US. They seem to be made of an appealing material but I’ll just have to wait until they appear on Amazon.

(Deleted)

Sorry, was going to say I got my Sednaearfits from Amazon US, but now I see you were referring specifically to the Max. Reading comprehension is a great thing!

have you tried audiosense S400? I was hesitant between S400 and AZLA
Also are the measurements accurate? it says MS size has about 12mm of width
! thats about the size of large tips of starline or stock olinas

@Hosedragger is the original poster here, but I will say that the Azla SednaEarfitLights are my all-time favorites (so soft, with wide bores), but i have not tried the S400. (I bet many others here have, and can weigh in.)

I can confirm that the Azla MS are indeed my preferred 12mm (11.9mm to be exact, if I recall), which I realize translates to an L elsewhere! It’s all relative, so best to know your mm size!

1 Like

I don’t know why it picked your post to reply 
 I clicked reply on original poster :joy:
thanks anyway. It was helpful. can I ask what size of olina stock tips fits you?

All good, no problem! As for the original Olina stock tips, there were two different sets, right? One narrow bore and one wide? As I recall, the largest narrow bore tip fit me perfectly, and the largest wide bore tip was maybe a smidge too big but still closest to the right fit. I immediately swapped them out for the size MS Azlas, in any case.

2 Likes

I feel like I might be descending into Madness listening to same songs over and over trying to find the perfect Eartips for a no-mod Olina. 4Hrs and only 9 sets of eartips in with 2 pages of notes. So far the winner is a Medium-Spin Fit, Clear color outside, light yellow color middle nozzle interior.

2 Likes

Steve, thanks for posting the info. I’m on vacation and no way to accurate measure. I take large in most ear tips, however in Azla Sednaearfits I end up using ML. I like the “Light” version. Like you said, soft, comfy and large bore. Still seal well also. I really did not like the Xelastic version; while they sealed great, they made my ears itch like crazy. If the Max version ever makes it to the US I’m going to try them also. Right now my endgame tips are the Azla Sednaearfit Lghts and the Final Audio E tips. It just depends on the nozzle angle/depth which one works better for me. So far E tips on my Sony & AKG TWS buds and Azla Lights on most of my wired earphones.

@John_W_Clark just doing the 3 filter mods, slight EQ and good sealing wide bore tips turn the Olina’s into incredible IEMs. So good that I’m selling my $700 Xenns Up. To me they are that good. I don’t know how a single diaphragm can have such good resolution, detail, bass and extension at the same time but they do.
The mods I did are listed in post #1816. Other than that I run them mostly on a portable blue tooth rig. iPhone>Radzone ES100>Topping NX3S amp with LT1364 opamp on high gain and bass boost mostly. Equals a bass head IEM with very good mids and great extension.

3 Likes

Olina is on sale, 79.20$ now on Linsoul.

8 Likes

Somebody tell Michael Bruce.

2 Likes

Guys how’s Dave (honest audiophile YT channel) known in the community? are his reviews usually accurate?
he recently made a pretty negative review on Olina and there’s also many negative comments. which is surprising to me 
 I thought Olina doesn’t have that much negativity around it and people generally love it.

Personally I don’t agree with his review. I don’t find Olina to be “shouty” or “harsh at the 8K”. Although he mentioned that he didn’t mod it; I don’t think the mod makes for a huge difference and Olina sounds amazing to me out of the box
!

3 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, it’s just his opinion and is allowed to differ to yours? Why should it take away from your enjoyment and what you think of the iems? Aren’t your ears the final arbiter?

4 Likes

you’re absolutely right and I can’t disagree
!

2 Likes

Yes, I saw it. However, he gives Moondrop Kato one of his highest ratings. E-.
When, in my view, the Olina keeps the organic and natural timbre of the Kato but gives you an extra touch of texture, more soundstage and instrumental separation.
Does that make sense? No.
I just check for myself. I don’t look at rankings.

2 Likes