Tube amps with Soekris dacs

@M0N :raising_hand_man:t2:

Any tube amps that are good synergy with 1541 (to a lesser extent ares2\holo cyan) like the violectric stuff around 1000$ or less new for the 800s? Or synergy doesn’t matter as much with tubes? Bass, punch, warm, good stage…etc

Would it still be WA6 2nd gen like you recommended before or you would prefer something else with this dac specifically? Trying to shortlist stuff for this dac only and tube amp is missing :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmmm, the 1541 tends to not synergize well with most of the tube amps I’ve tried tbh. I mean it would work decently well with that woo to offset the more saturated and thick woo house sound, but really I’m kinda struggling to think of tube pairings I really like with the soekris in this budget

I see. What about ares2\holo cyan?

That I think opens up more options for sure. I think in that range if you wanted to go for something a bit more neutral, the hagerman tuba did go well with the ares ii, was pretty nice, and for something more forward and fun, a bottlehead crack + speedball the cyan worked pretty well. For something more relaxed like a feliks espressivo mk2 and a cyan is real nice for the 800s. If you could find a used lta mz2 that does go nicely with either the cyan or ares ii. There are others but idk if they would fall in your budget

1 Like

Thank you.

I know Hazy likes his Bifrost 2 with the Bottlehead Crack. He’s also matched tubes with it all so that rabbit hole can get deep. Fortunately there’s a good tube write up on the crack thread.

1 Like