Tygr 300 R budget Amp

I recently purchased the Tygr 300 R’s and they only bring about half of the level of sound my old HyperX Cloud’s could do. I was looking for some suggestions on a cheaper amp that will work well with my older PC, preferably sub $50 but I can spend a bit more if it will make a large difference. I don’t plan on buying more expensive headphones with higher ohm’s at this time so I don’t need a top of the line amp.

The fiio btr3k will power it nicely. Can also use it portable with bluetooth so you dont need to be attached to your pc if it has bluetooth. On sale for 60 right now. https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-BTR3K-Bluetooth-Headphone-Unbalanced/dp/B085XT3V3X

JDS Labs Atom or Schiit Magni Heresy are perfect for TYGRs but are $100.

Generally anything super cheap should work, take this with a grain of salt but Syba Sonic should theoretically be able to drive the tygr as it was tested up to around 150 ohms and tygr is only 32. Syba sonics are usually like $30

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, 33€ more or less. it’s a dongle dac but it sounds very good, I’m using it with my laptop atm. Power is not an issue with tygrs so you just need a clean source and this dongle is very clean as far as i can tell.

What ohm and sensitivity are the Clouds? The TYGRs are super easy to drive and I can’t imagine they’d only produce 50% of what you got with the Clouds, unless the open-back sound expansion changes things for you. I run the TYGRs through my PS5 controller and can still get the volume too loud to be comfortable.

should be 60 ohm with 104dB at 1kHz nominals for clouds

1 Like

I ended up buying this Syba Sonic SD-DAC63094 at $22, I’m not quite sure what the difference is between it and the SD-DAC63116 but for $20 cheaper I figure I’d try it.

it’s very weak but I would think it should work for it… they claim it powers up to 100 ohms

Edit: @zxct1 do let me know if this works for you. as it would be a potential good recommendation for those in this same predicament.

I’ll try it and see how it works, some comments on Amazon say it doesn’t help much and some say a lot. If it ends up not working out I’ll just get the SD-DAC63116 for $40. Really anything sub $50 that works well is all I need. Or if the other one is worth the extra $18 I can just cancel the first order.