U12t fit issues - please help

Hey all!

A little while back, after enjoying a bunch of wonderful IEMs that I got off of some of you guys, I tried on some U12ts and loved how they sounded. The tips weren’t the best - but I thought, what the heck, I can just get better tips. So I decided to pull the trigger on them, hoping that they might become my go-to IEMs.

Unfortunately, in the couple of months since I got them, it’s been a gruelling process of trying to find the right tips.

Any tips I attempt end up the same: if I press the IEMs into my ears physically with my fingers, they sound incredible, but as soon as I let go, they sound tinny. I just can’t get a good seal / insertion, now matter what I do.

Have any of you struggled with the same thing, and did you find a solution, or should I accept that they’re not for me and resell them :frowning: ?

Have you tried Dekoni tips?

Amazon search term: " Dekoni Audio Premium Memory Foam Isolation Earphone Tips Black - 3mm, 3 Pack SM, MED, LRG"

https://a.co/d/6WnZuPw

I use them when hiking, disc golfing, etc. with iems in. Great seal and keeps them from potentially falling out when active. Love them.

Corwin

1 Like

Something you can try if you’ve never done it is to use a spacer/washer around the neck of the spout to give the tip extra clearance for a deeper fit without mashing the ‘face’ of the U12t into your ear. I had a pair of U6t and used to use a pair of washers fashioned from the stems of some unused tips to do that, and while I never perceived a hit in tonality it made them far more consistent and comfortable fitting for me.

1 Like

I like to use tips with longer stems like final audio e type, since U12T does sit shallow in the ear or sticky tips like sendafit has. Hopefully this helps your quest on the perfect fit.

1 Like

Thank you all so much, these sound like solid tips (no pun originally intended, but I’m not one to pass a cheap pun when it just presents itself :p)

What’s odd is that SpinFits usually do it for me for any and all IEMs, but these one are resisting, so far, SpinFits, Arias, Focus Audios, and Symbios.

Will give your suggestions a shot, fingers crossed because for those short magic moments when I can be bothered to hold them in, they sound wonderful!

2 Likes

You are not alone. I found this same issue with the tips provided by 64 Audio. Almost none of them created the proper seal and or lost the seal. I found only one tip that worked…it was the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX ASMR Standard from Amazon. They completely knocked it out of the park for me. It was sealed and stayed secure for me. I hope this helps because these earphones are Endgame level IEM’s and deserve to be in your life.