Unboxing knifes

Mini grip is a great choice, yeah I know the UK has some pretty strict knife laws. The US also has some pretty confusing or stringent laws like the Cali automatic knife restrictions, many cities and towns have 2in knife laws. Button locks can get pretty murky in the eyes of the law because it could be considered a “gravity knife”. Etc etc etc, it’s really broad and you really don’t know what’s legal and what isn’t for EDC unless you check the local laws and even then it could be hard to decipher.

The mini grip should serve you well, I had the full size grip for awhile pretty good workhorse.

1 Like

Ahh…UK. That would probably rule out the Am. Lawman at 3.5 " The mini grip is nice. Congrats…that was fun!

1 Like

Thanks yeah I really don’t need anything bigger tbh… it’s just for un-boxing, rope work/cutting (we live on a continually cruising barge) and I work a few days a week with a tree surgeon so a 3.5" blade would probably be the smallest dangerous object in my tool kit lol…just wanted a wee blade that cuts small stuff well :+1:

2 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

pffft…I don’t unbox often, but when I do I only use my Ulfberht :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Magnepan’s take some unboxing agreed :smiley:

2 Likes

@Ohmboy YEAHHH! Enjoy.

2 Likes

Thanks man…it’s so light with a great action from the get go and i’m a wet stone ocd freak so i’ll get it sharper lol.

2 Likes

I see what you did there - unboxing the unboxing knife :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (I’ll get my coat … )

1 Like

Aye was wondering how I was gonna open it :man_shrugging: :smiley:

1 Like

@Ohmboy How are you liking the Benchmade? I’ve gone down a bit of a pocket knife rabbit hole in the past couple months, and it’s nice to spend irrationally on something other than audiophile gear. It’s funny after spending so much time here to see how easy it is to move that obsession over to something new. Find some youtubers, a few forums, and in a few weeks you know all the must-have’s, bang for your buck items, which companies make trash, etc. Of the knives I’ve bought, I think my favorite has to be the Pro-Tech Malibu. Tough to find, but if you enjoy the fidgety aspect of pocket knives, it’s the best fit for me

1 Like

Italian pick lock. Dangerous!

1 Like

I’d totally drop that on my foot

OMG! NOO! :grimacing:

Sorry man just seen your reply…yeah love’n the Mini Grip, it’s nice and light but also has that well made feel about it, the blade action is smooth both opening and closing…the thumb and forefinger grips are good and needed if like me you have larger hands…over all a well made knife that should last me years…just waiting for the blade to dull to bust out my wet stones :+1:

2 Likes

Benchmade makes great knives. Not sure how it applies to international customers, but the lifetime warranty, and free cleaning/sharpening are pretty nice touches. You would lose some time with those whetstones though. I have the 940 Osborne and easily could have stopped my collection there.

2 Likes