Unboxing knifes

Would like to get a nice knife for yeah unboxing but also to use on the barge, it doesn’t need to be big but good steel is a must (I have honing stones and skillz) comfortable in hand with a quick opening action (no flick knives in the UK) so looking at Benchmade any other suggestions?

:beers:

I have one of these:

1 Like

That looks good…but I’d like a bigger blade for other tasks…ropes and wood stuff an allrounder :+1:

1 Like

for unboxings i always prefer a quality boxcutter knife with decend knifes cause of the sticky residues and cardboard is sprisingly aggressive on the edge XD like this

Otherwise that Bergkvist is ok for its price and even i can sharpen it decend :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Another option Damascus :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

looks more like someone needs a new toy and not an onboxing knife XD (but hey we’re on an audioforum so no kinkshaming here :stuck_out_tongue: )

on the other hand i alwys liked knifes like this Gerber

2 Likes

Yeah on the barge I’m always using kitchen knifes for “other” tasks so it would be great to have a nice :gem: one for my stuff…I appreciate nice stuff lol.

1 Like

@Onaha any advice on this steel guru?..please keep < $300 :pray: :beers:

1 Like

I was into knives for a bit…bought a few and learned a lot. Many good reviews on the
Cold Steel American Lawman. Rugged build, 3.5 inch blade, G10 scales and now in S35VN steel, which holds an edge and is stainless (since you are around water.) Knife Center currently has it on sale for $119. Benchmades are good, but imo overpriced.

1 Like

I was gonna strongly recommend Grimsmo Knives, but that was just before you said <$300.

Anyhow if anyone is interested in a high quality knife (or pen btw):

Surprisingly enough there are some Norseman in stock. If I hadn’t one already I would def get one.

2 Likes

Cold Steel, baby! I swear by them.

1 Like

Quality metal v’s quality audio :moneybag: =

2 Likes

What about a swiss army knife? Sounds like you could use the extra tools and more in your price range.

I would recommend Swiza. Some model have a blade that can be opened one-handed btw.

Or a Victorinox, specially the Pionner model

@Raptor168 I really like my Ontario Rat 2 in D2 steel. Simple, rugged, cheap and fits
my hand like a glove. Didn’t recommend for Ohmboy because D2 can rust easily unless
you clean and oil it.

2 Likes

Copy that. I’m currently rocking a Rostfrei stainless Lock back for work and it’s a solid performer. I literally beat the heck out of that blade, and it just takes it and asks for more.

1 Like

I’m more of a kitchen knife guy myself, with Shun being my preferred brand along with Misono.

I carry an Ochs Works pocket knife around with me that I got off of Drop that I love. Feels good in the hand, not too bulky, and holds its edge very well. I tend to beat up pocket knives, and usually need to replace them yearly, but this one has held up nicely

1 Like

Thank you :+1:

Me too :grimacing: want a nice one like I have nice chainsaws, hedge cutters etc that I’m always fucking up/using would love a home tool that I don’t :+1:

@Ohmboy I have several civivis fantastic fit and finish have had no problems so far. Even their D2 holds up decently well, their Nitro V has been awesome so far I really like that budget steel. QSP, Sencut (We knives 3rd brand after Civivi), CJRB, And direct from Ferrum Forge are all great budget options. There’s a lot out there.

1 Like

OK finally ordered a Benchmade as I could order it real easy from Amazon UK…knife laws here are way different from over there in the US I’d imagine we have more laws in-place for owning a knife over a certain length etc than you do regarding purchasing an AK47 ?

It should be here next week :crossed_fingers:

1 Like