Unusual/Unique Artists You're Listening to?

Anderson East Alive In Tennessee

3 Likes

I think he’s my new favorite artist…https://youtu.be/BGkRUYjflbY

Trap + Jazz, because why not.
Masego, Jamaica

Crossbread
(you should just not click on this)

1 Like

macaroom

I’ve posted about them before in another thread, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to recommend them again. The very unique vocals from vocalist emaru and the composition from Asahi makes for a mindbogglingly pleasant blend. Their full lenght album “swimming classroom” is highly recommended.

She’s also featured on quite a few albums by doujin circle Halozy. Sadly Halozy are on hiatus since 2017. But I would also highly recommend giving them a listen too.

Halozy

1 Like

I love this song! Gypsies drop something unspecified while passing through a small town in Nebraska, sweet young Sally picks it up and CULTURAL REVOLUTION ENSUES! :sweat_smile:

I love Gogol Bordello. Great stuff.

1 Like
2 Likes

At the risk of making this a Gogol Bordello thread, here’s a favorite track. I especially love the break at 2:05. The song is going about it’s business, but in the left channel Eugene Hutz (singer and band leader) is agressively whispering “party, party, party, party, party, party” like it’s the voices in your head giving you bad (or good) suggestions.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of The Residents and have probably more of their stuff on disc than any other artist. But I would definitely struggle to link anything since their total output is so bizarre :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bizarre is good! I’m going to look them up.

I think a good start might be the 1990 Freak Show album, fairly accessible and good indicator of later sound. One of my favorites.

Igorrr:

5 Likes

This should be a good test of how detailed the sound of your system is…

1 Like

Count me interested… Gotta test this in my new micca rb42s when the family is out

2 Likes

Not that unusual if you are into Scandinavian jazz, but I really dig Bugge Wesseltoft. Not well known in the States.

I came across the Daniel Norgren album Skogens Frukter. I had never heard of him, but the album name and a quick Google search convinced me to grab it. Glad I did. Really soulful and a little difficult to classify, but really chill. The next album Wooh Dang is a good listen too.

1 Like

Death Grips, one of the rap groups that I legit have love for and I am rarely a guy who is into hip hop and rap.

…Also this one…like WHAT?! I cannot remember the name of the duo or even know the song.

1 Like

Wow! Hell’s Angels meet Mongolian throat singing. Interesting!

Just checked out Igorrr. WTF is this video? XDDDD

It’s not necessarily an artist but I quite like the Pathologic 2 soundtrack. It has a lot of weird ambient stuff and reminds me if the Quake OST sometimes.