Upgrade from DT770 PRO

Glad you are enjoying them :+1:

You can bend the headband metal to reduce clamp if needed, works pretty well, here is an example from diyaudioheaven. Also the pads will get softer and with more use it should get more comfortable

1 Like

Another update: to remove the pressure on my jaw I tried to bend it like in the picture above and kept them stretched out on my speakers for 4-5 days. The pressure has released, but it is still present. Also the pads are not very comfortable.
I like the sound but I cannot adapt to that discomfort that those are creating after a couple of minutes.
I can buy some Dekoni pads which are comfier, but those are another 60-70 Euros and the shipping is uncertain right now due to corona virus :grimacing:
Therefore, Iā€™m thinking to return them (I have 30 days to return them)
I really like the sound, I donā€™t have any complain. Only the discomfortā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

I can say from experience that the clamping pressure will go away, but itā€™s your call if you can tolerate it now or not. The great thing about Sennheisers is that they will last forever. You wonā€™t be worried about the clamp if you still own them 7 years from now

1 Like

If you like the sound Iā€™d keep them as long as possibleā€¦ the pressure will continue to diminish and they get seriously comfortableā€¦ also do the bendy thing a few times a day or two apartā€¦ glad youā€™re liking them otherwiseā€¦ also pad swapping sennheisers isnā€™t highly recommended

1 Like

Yes, I saw that changing the pads is going to change the sound. Each type of Dekoni pad has itā€™s own signature.
When I switched back to the DT770, the softness of the Beyer stock pads was striking :slight_smile: This is exactly what I miss on the 660s :blush:

I do not know the availability of the DT177x Go in europe but my suggestion for you would be either those or just go DT1990s. Both are excellent headphones that will have a sound signature, build quality, and comfort of something you already know you love.

Yesterday Iā€™ve returned the 660s. Now Iā€™ll restart the searches :slight_smile:. I think Iā€™ll stick to Aeon2 Closed.
I found this review, where the ā€œopenā€ model seems to be better than the ā€œclosedā€ one.

• I like that the open is more aired but this is due to the build.
  • And also I think the ears will not sweat during hot summer days :slight_smile:
  • On the other side, regarding the closed ones, I have a pump noise (from the video card) which I could hear it through 660s. So on the Aeon 2 Open ones, probably I will hear it also :upside_down_face:

The Aeon Opens really sound more semi-open. Much more isolating than the 58x (closest 660s point of reference I have).

Thanks! Indeed the 660s sound leakage was not that big. Something to take into account :slight_smile:

Today I received the money back on 660s :partying_face: and after I saw the recommendation from The Headphone Show , I decided to buy 2 pairs instead of 1 pair, in the budget of 1000 Euros (Ā± 5-10%)

1. First pair will be a DT1990 Pro - At amazon.de , itā€™s 389 Euros + shipping it will be under 400 Euros.
    Also according to Joshua it can be tuned with Dekoni Hybrid to cut a bit of those highs. Also Elite Velour can cut a significant amount of highs, according to the test here.
    This will be for gaming (imaging seems to be pretty good ā€¦ not like AKG K7XX , but pretty decent :slight_smile:) and techno, trance, edm in general.
  2. The second pair will be Focal Elegia - so a closed pair. It will be more for listening to vocals, piano, chill music. These were at our local retailed on Black Friday 600 Euros. Now these are 740 Euros. I need to watch the price to catch them on deal :slight_smile:

A downsize of the Beyerdynamic is that I cannot use the balanced output, but seems that these are not that hard to drive.

2 Likes

IMO imaging is excellent for the price and would def outperform the k7xx.

Also I would wait before ordering aftermarket pads and just use the analytical pads for the 1990 and see what you think

Seems like a sweet lineup :+1:

2 Likes