While waiting for the new DAC/AMP to arrive (Questyle CMA400i - Thanks to @M0N for the recommendation ) , I made some research on a new pair of headphones (currently I have a DT770 Pro 80 Ohm)
Before subscribing here, I was 100% for LCD2 Classic … but after reading tons and tons of pages here and on other forums, I think I might reconsider
To wrap up the points that I would like to be taken care of my next pair of headphones:
- Comfort - to be lightweight (770 Pro has 284 g without cable, LCD2 C has 550g) and easy to wear them for hours, low clamping force
- I listen to techno, trance, progressive 60% of my time, but sometimes depending on the mood, I really enjoy some good relaxing vocals like: Amber Rubarth, Yao Si Ting or some chillout / chill piano music.
- I play games - shooters especially. And I would like a good imaging pair of headphones, to better hear the footsteps & enemies. Also I think a good treble helps here (but not 100% sure)
- Type: I had a closed pair , so I think I would go with a closed one. But I would not say no to an open one.
- Budget - now here I would stretch to let’s say 900 Euros (I’m in Europe), but I wouldn’t mind something at around 500E first
What draw my attention were:
Closed: Drop Ether C Flow Closed (650$ on drop using Z Reviews code at checkout), DT T5p (gen 2) ,DT 1770 Pro Closed, LCD2 C (I hate the weight and how hard the pads can be changed), Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed (a bit too expensive but they look gorgeous)
Open: Sundara, Sendy Aiva , Dan Clark Aeon Open X (500$ on Drop)
I hope I didn’t forget anything and thanks in advance for the upcoming feedback.