Upgrade from TT-BA08 ~100€

Hello everyone,
recently I’ve gotten myself a quite cheap bluetooth transmitter/receiver for my Fender FXA2 IEMs since the 3.5mm port on my OnePlus 2 seems to be reaching the end of its lifetime.
I really like the usability aspect of not being tethered to my phone at all times, but the audio quality (especially the hissing on lower volume) is getting quite frustrating for me.
So that’s why I’m reaching out to you for help.

I’m looking for an upgrade around the 100€ price range with bluetooth and possibly USB for my laptop. I haul around a powerbank at almost anytime so battery capacity is not a huge factor for me.

All headphones I own are pretty easy to drive (Philips Fidelio X2HR, AKG K267, HD668B) so I don’t think these are going to be a challenge, since the TT-BA08 does not have an issue driving these either.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Have a great day.

1 Like

I like the Radsone EarStudio 100. Not sure what its availability is in Europe, though.

that looks like a great option. availability in europe seems to be good, but not for the MK2. Not really worried about that, given that it only updated the case, not the internals.

I will place an order and give feedback accordingly :slight_smile: thank you!

I now spent about 4 weeks with ES100. Amazon delivered the MK2 although the listing still stated it was the MK1, so I got lucky there.
No more annoying noise-floor and great sound quality! Incredible recommendation!
Only thing that’s still taking some getting used to is not controlling the volume on my phone anymore but on the ES100. And the fact that dropping the connection without powering off the ES100 from the app first makes it completely unresponsive until I connect it to a power source.
But I can live with that, no problem.
Again: thank you for that recommendation, couldn’t be happier!

Great! Glad you’re enjoying it. I agree that it’s a good sounding unit. I use it to clip on my collar and drive a V-Moda M100 during workouts. Every time I start the pair up I’m pleasantly surprised by the enjoyability of the sound.