UTWS5 + Olina or a TWS (Liberty 3 Pro)

do you think it’s possible to achieve a natural midrange after EQ? I really love midrange presentation of Olina and couldn’t get similar result with CRA even with EQ . it doesn’t sound that organic.

do you mean L3P has even similarly amazing 3D soundstage of Olina???

I didn’t get this part. are you saying by using LDAC I’ll lose holographic soundstage on L3P?
That’s the opposite of what I was assuming!

Yeh low frequency like cars, trains, buses, planes and everything that makes noise outside lol.

I will just agree to disagree, anc is much better at noise cancelling (lol again) imo and inb4 someone mentions etymotics, maybe those are a real argument but you gotta push a piece of your brain in an out everytime you need to talk to someone so it’s a nope from me.

Tws iems are just much much more convenient for going out, but yeah if you’re at home there’s no need to sacrifice sound quality which you will with them.

The anc in those is just worthless though, maybe in version 2 it got better, I like oluv and even bought his tuned version but he overhyped them to the moon, got rid of them for the nekocake which are more comfortable and have usable anc.

Sound wise neither are competitive with $20 blons tbh…

2 Likes

Agree. My unvented RSV are a joy to take outside. Built in ANC.

1 Like

if you played around with it enough it should be I got it to a similar olina tuning just playing around for 10 mins

personally I never found the olina to be anything special with soundstage so ymmv but to my ears they are in the same ballpark

there is a software 3D effect that can’t be turned on when using LDAC I haven’t tried it so not sure how well it works

1 Like

The ANC on them worked great for me. The odd part is they were better than most of the closed back over the ear headphones I had owned before. They were able to block out my sister-in-law, which is a herculean task. This leads to me ask if you put them in transparency mode and didn’t know the difference.

ok lol, anc isn’t even good for higher pitch noises as stated above, if it blocks your sister in law it’s probably the passive isolation

tws does both active and passive…

also, sony didnt get that memo. and most likely others. because sony anc does the full spectrum, not just lows. they do perfectly fine on highs/mids,sudden noises. everything that isnt super loud is gone and super loud is reduced. that article is old or an excuse because their anc is far behind others.

but i can 100% tell you that if you like the sound of cheap iem’s, your not going to like many tws. they are tuned differently in my experience. its comparing apples to oranges. tws are designed for workers and gym rats. people who are half ass listening while being distracted. where big bass hits and strong vocals bring you back to the music to realize you are even listening. and that also tends to be the environment people use them in.

if a cord isnt going to be in the way, going wired is always better.

1 Like

LDAC was already really good but the new BT audio spec coming out with 5.3 (at least according to the demo maybe not quite real world performance) sounded the same as wired to most people

2 Likes

You’re literally agreeing with everything I said while still arguing lol, and I was talking about the earfun’s anc which is worthless, not Sony´s which is literally the best, and even that one won’t block voices and higher pitched noises remotely as good as the low rumble from a vehicle.

And yes, if you don’t need the extra features (anc, transparency, wireless) just go wired every time, literally what I said from the beginning.

1 Like

To show it in a little bit more visual way, here is passive vs active noise cancelation.
Shortly:
-above 300 Hz passive isolation is in no way worse than active (is even better in second comparison)
-ANC is much better around 100 Hz
-in general ANC should be better under 100 Hz (however some earphones without ANC have very good low freq isolation, my best guess is it seems to be the case for full BAs and deep insertion sets)