▶ Vanatoo T0

Good to hear you found a workaround. This thread was the only one I found on the issue when looking for workarounds.

Which DAC did you go with, out of curiosity? I’m happy with the sound, there’s a firmware update coming that tweaks it.

My Vanatoo T Zeroes woke up just fine from my desktop and they were connected via USB.
I have since added a DAC and amp in the chain. The only delay is when I forget to turn on the DAC and amp first. When they are on it is still the same delay as before. Maybe 2 seconds.

And the Vanatoo’s sound SO much better with the new items inserted in the chain. The Vanatoo’s were miles better than my Bose 2.1 system, but still came up a bit short after long term listening. My computer just has a built-in sound card in the motherboard. I put in a Topping D30 and Burson Fun-Classic and now it sounds like a nice stereo.

Here’s a reply from Gary at Vanatoo:

I’m sure it has to do with the USB power management that is causing the issue. For me I’m pretty sure it has to do with using a laptop (dell) with it, since it sounds like most desktop users rarely have this problem.

I’m using a grace sdac-b for now (actually my headphone DAC) but I’ll be slotting in a topping d10 when it arrives.

I mean, I was really happy with the sound when I got it, but there was a noticeable difference in sound when I was just fooling around with the chain. So…

Replaced the sub with the JBL Sub 550P. This combo is damn good for $500.

4 Likes

Hey I recently also purchased the sub to go with my Vanatoo and purchased when it was $179, great deal. Question I have for you are you using a splitter y cable going from the Vanatoo speakers to the sub? And also did you set your speakers DSP to the flat configuration?

1 Like

I just have a single RCA running to the LFE input. And yeah I’m using the flat DSP. Sounds amazing!!

Hey so I picked up this cable. It gave my setup the right kind of balance to the sound. Also this let me dial in the crossover as well. Hugh improvement:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQVWGAI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like