Violectric V590 vs Neo iDSD (DAC only)

Hi.
I recently decided to get my end-game headphone amp, a Violectric V550 Pro. So far I am using just headphones but in the future I will try to get a pair a Focal Sshape Twin, and that will require a pre-amp. The price between V550 Pro and V590 Pro is 700 euros, and the only difference is the added DAC. My question is if that 700 Euro DAC is better then Other 700 Euro DACs, or even then a Neo iDSD (that I own), or I am just wasting money for going for a V590?
Strictly economicaly speaking, a stand alone DAC of the same quality should be at very least around 1000-1500 Euro, so the V590 DAC should be on par with devices like Soekris 25 or Chord Qtest, but is it that good?

Congrats on your future endgame amp purchase. I have not had experience with that setup, but a “DAC of the same quality” is not the only thing to take into consideration. I know this is a touchy subject, but a DAC does influence the end result in your chain. All DACs will place more emphasis in some areas over others. I am partial to the Schiit Audio Bifrost 2/64 which definitely has its own house sound. It will all depend on your headphone collection as to which DAC sounds best to you. Good luck with your decision, and happy listening!

1 Like

thank you.
the DAC I am talking about will be used only for those speakers. Space does not allow me to get a full setup as in full audiophile speaker setup.
When used for headphones I curently have a Qtest DAC that powered with a Jcat Initio 3 PSU does an outstanding job, but that is already a 2500 Euro deal, that I am very happy with, and probably will be replaced by a Rockna Wavelight not based on sound, but just because I like my end-game to have a hi-end component made in my own country. :grin:

1 Like