Vmoda M-200- Was This a Bad Choice? Cable Help!

I just purchased a set of Vmoda M-200. just wondering if anyone knows with there are any balanced cable recommendation or is the provided balanced cable good enough.?? ALSO are these trash?? should i return these and cop a different set of cans??

thanks fam

-Music: Lots of Rap, RnB, Metal on occasion.
-Gaming
most likely getting a new daily workhorse amp/dac

I know the M-100 was pretty well regarded and if the M-200 is a similar sound profile then it will probably be a good match for your music preferences. There are a few other good cans with strong bass for around the same price but they might be a little more source picky than the V-moda. Are you looking to drive these off your phone / computer or do you have a dedicated source like a DAC + amp?

1 Like

im gonna make a post about what happened to me, long story short i need new gear. i was considering a dark voice tube amp, or the xduoo ta-10. but i saw the zeos review of the element II and i liked what he said. these m200s will be my new workhorse as well.

I know some of the Fostex cans (TH-x00 specifically) are regarded as bass kings at a similar price point. I assume with the type of music you listen to that would probably be a good choice. I haven’t heard them but I know a lot of people here love them and I’ll probably pick some up one of these days. If you are looking for something more neutral and technical, but still closed back I know there have been some Focal Elegias floating around here recently for prices that are a stupid bargain. You would have to pair them with the right source though to get the low end oomph you would want for rap or metal.