Warm $100-ish IEM with soundstage

Hifigo claims they pay taxes for you, so that would have to be some very steep sales to beat the price on hifigo.

I can confirm Hifigo does no such thing. Sorry to burst the bubble.

I havent tried that shipping option from them. But yeah, true that the sale needs to be big if you dont wanna pay import fees.

Unfortunately, not everything is on hifigo so…

Spoiler alert! Yeah I was already skeptical but so far you’re the only one who I’ve heard saying they needed to pay customs so I am still a bit hopeful.

So what they mean by it is that when they import chinese or japanese or whateverese products and sell them on to US customers, the US customer will not pay any duties as they have taken care of that.

hen they sell OUTSIDE of the EU they however are not responsible for any duties. So if I, a Belgian, were to buy with them they’d pay the US taxes to acquire the item from wherever, and then I would pay the Belgian duties.

Not sure I follow. Hifigo is a China based webshop, why would they pay US taxes when exporting something to the EU.

Also this is what their website says. So though I have a difficult time believing they will take care of taxes, they really need to hire a new writer for the website if what you said is what they meant lol.

They only claim to pay taxes and duties when you choose priority shipping BTW, not when you choose express delivertmy (ups, DHL, etc).

Huh? I contacted them a few months ago when I got started into the hobby and that’s the reply they gave me. I’ll try and see if i can find it. Never saw that page though and that changes things!

Well the phone number on their contact page has a Chinees area code (+86) , so whatever they are doing, they are not importing anything to the US :P.

Yes, I believe its a recent change as I didnt see this a while back.

Nappoler also mentioned to me that they took care of the VAT/fees for you with priority shipping but not with express.

I guess they might be using Yun express, since everytime I gotten package from yun express, there wasnt any VAT or import fees for me to pay.

All of their legal pages on the side (privacy policy, warranty, terms & conditions) are identically made up to those of American sites. Even their warranty policies comply with american domestic law. But there’s no mention of any LLC or INC or corporate address.

However chinese phone number and business hours in GMT+8 would indeed make it look chinese… I’m gonna presume the legal pages are just there to make sceptical americans feel more inclined to buy there? Idk… Lot less shady then AliExpress and I order there all the time so might look into giving it a shot :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone any experience with the OH10?

Its above your price range but it does fit the other requirements (warm tonality, huge soundstage and bassy (although Its a basshead set so be aware of that, A LOT of bass)).

@Rikudou_Goku I did a quick Google and didn’t find anything about a mesh mod for the BL 03. could you point me to a source that talks about it?

2 Likes

I’d say the sound stage is good for an iem.

1 Like

BLON BL-05S, aka the revised version of the BLON BL05. I think they have the great amount of soundstage you need for an IEM along with its sound signature being refined by taking the warm signature of the BL-03 and the good things about the BL-05.

Tips and cable are still crap though imo, but you probably know that already.

Got me a pair of these but I’m kinda looking for a more ‘refined’ pair of IEM’s as I’m currently sitting on a collection of… ‘fantastic budget IEM’s’ (KZ, BL03, BL05s, T2)

1 Like

Not sure about the TRI Starsea being warm, but you should give those a try. It wouldn’t hurt.

My poor Jade ea3 in E tier…my first iems. Guess it’s only up from here.

Time to try to find the BLON3 mesh mod so once I get one in the linsoul sale I can do this.

Gotta be positive. :wink:

1 Like