"Well recorded" music thread

Windham Hill Records is another label that has well recorded music. It used to be more Jazz focused then went to more Ambient. Still the original Vinyl used to be great.
Shadowfax is an excellent example of their quality sounding Jazz acts.

2 Likes

There goes the weekend. Not going to see daylight until monday. Chuckle

Like what im hearing on the a humdrum star album.

Glad no ones around observing switching rooms so i can hear the nils stuff on horn loaded speakers.

Yeah GOGO Penguin are really cool.
I pretty much own all of their CD’s. It’s great to see young musicians embracing Jazz and taking it in a new fresh direction… The greats from years ago will always be there to enjoy but it’s the modern musical groups that I like.
Small touches of electronic music effects mixed into jazz grooves…:+1:
You’ll like Mammal Hands too, most likely… Check them out… Nik Bartsch’s Ronin group is also well recorded and cool… Lot’s out there for sure… Lots of awsome Norwegian acts out there too. Go to YouTube and search Scandinavian Jazz Favorites. I have CD’s and some vinyl from nearly everyone there… It’s well recorded music 90%+ of the time… Enjoy…

1 Like

Im all in. Getting a OST original music score vibe.

Darn it apple dosent have a Scandinavian section. Gonna have to dig in the youtube crates. Its a great time to be a music listener.

:slightly_smiling_face: nils petter molvaer “khmer”. Yep i approve.

I dont know anything about apple music or their catalog.
Use YouTube as a guide. You can explore there then write down the names albums and songs of the artists you like from the YouTube samples. Tidal has a very good catalog of this music but then they have MQA too and that’s another story…
I’m on Amazon HD/ Ultra HD now. It seems to have a pretty large & decent catalog but I haven’t had time to do many searches and dig deep there as I only subscribed last month…Gotta go to my sister’s birthday gathering now… Enjoy your listening sessions…

1 Like

Have had some great artists and still do :+1:

1 Like

If you trust a certain “melon” this is one of the best mixed and mastered POP albums in a while. Give it a try, especially if you love Disney Princesses and Kate Bush:

1 Like

Always thought this album was well recorded…Linn Records so…

Ottmar Liebert - Up Close sounds pretty awesome on headphones.

https://tidal.com/browse/album/9602091

1 Like