Wells Audio Milo amp, give me your thoughts please

I mean it is a fancy amp, but imo you have the Auteur and that’s about it for high end headphones that would really take advantage of it. I think you should jump to the next tier of performance headphone wise first

1 Like

gatling gun > Panerai watch

1 Like

Decisions, decisions…

C’mon. Look at the two. Which one is way less practical but way cooler

1 Like

Coolness is relative in my home, it sooo depends which particular room I’m standing in at the moment…

Also, the word practical does NOT often get used when referring to anything i do…:crazy_face::joy::crazy_face:

Good Lord, I just realized the Milo amp now looks like a bargain compared to the things i’ve totally gone waaayyy off tangent into desiring again…LOL, i love this place, you guys are GREAT!

1 Like

It’s a nice looking amp. If you get it then you HAVE to get a Phi. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Just get a RAAL so you can run another headphone off your speaker amp

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea imo. I would prefer that over the abyss idea since he has some pretty great speaker amps

1 Like

Waiting on the VS2 of those…FML…:nerd_face:

Same lol, curious to see how they improve

1 Like

looking at the other Wells headphone amps and see the Headtrip 2 supports headphone impedance of 4 to 2000 ohms. What the hell has a 2000 ohm impedance?

Also, is there any suggestion that RAAL is even working on a v2 at this point? I’m sure they wouldn’t exactly broadcast it, I’m just curious

IDK, but with their success I would assume they are going to come out with something new

Toshiba HR-V7
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ACYBGNShfrpc-8j8tK7TEf2cp2WuetOFdg%3A1575431663609&ei=7y3nXfjhJNDYtAXFyKaoCQ&q=toshiba+hr-v7+headphones+specs&oq=toshiba+hr-v7+headphones+specs&gs_l=psy-ab.3...10890.12537..14316...0.0..0.170.1080.0j8…0…1…gws-wiz…35i39j33i160j33i299.W6okrseI3ic&ved=0ahUKEwi4lbWljJvmAhVQLK0KHUWkCZUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

That’s a pretty modern-ish design for 1979

lol, how where you supposed to play it with a 4000ohm handycap?

Hey @ZeosPantera, you should hurry up and make MON an admin… he’s on here enough, answering questions and offering advice that you should be paying him by now.

2 Likes

We should make a poll for in favour or against and let the votes speak for themselves. :smiley:

Done. Go Vote

I just found one of these used on headfi and it seems to be priced well. Having a hard finding real solid reviews/data on this amp.

I found a few impressions on the 1266 Phi Headfi thread on this amp where some people were blown away and other were less than impressed.

Does anyone on HFGF have an extended experience of owning this amp? Have you paired it with a 1266/Susvara/He6SE? what were your thoughts and for $950 is it a good value or better to save another $500 and go GSX?

bumpage… any feedback on the Wells Milo amp would be welcomed! I’ve got a shot at it for a decent price just not sure if it’s a quality amp or one to just let go?