What are my Armature IEM options?

I’ve got small ear canals and Armature drivers are supposedly smaller than the usual Dynamics and such used in most IEM’s. what are my options? I prefer a very neutral sound, I love my Stax, to let me hear the music as it’s meant to be heard.

budget is open, so suggest away :slight_smile:

If IEM size is the critical factor, you may want to re-title your thread. I own the Campfire audio Jupiter (balanced armature drivers) and they aren’t small at all. I wouldn’t recommend them on sound either. Shure IEMs may be a good fit for you since they have a small diameter ear piece stem. Also check out this thread

If ear canals are your concern and cost is not an obstacle for a superior fit and sound, then custom IEMs are the way to go.

1 Like

can I get some ideas on who makes custom IEM’s?

You can do what zeos does and gets a good iem and gets custom tips

1 Like

64 Audio, JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, Westone, Noble Audio.

Also RiceGuru has put Z’s video on the ADV custom molds.

1 Like

and by custom tips, I’m assuming these actually fit the ear rather than the canal itself?

also, of those mentioned, who has the most neutral profile? I’m used to my Stax :wink:

They should do both the canal and the at least the lowest part of your ear surrounding the canal. Depending on the design of the company, it can also extend up to the fold above the canal too.

thanks JV! now to find out who’s got the most neutral sound profile to match my Stax :wink:

actually, I should put a qualifier…unlike my 207’s, I do want good bass as I do listen to a lot of ambient EDM.

1 Like