What are some good & affordable class A amps?

any other options near the 250 mark you would suggest beyond asgard 3 and archel 2.5?

The jds labs El Amp is a good pick for sure. The burson fun is also very solid at this price. Without tapping into used, there are not many others

2 Likes

The fun looks pretty great actually… my question would be do you think the sundara would benefit from the addition power of the asgard?

I think either the fun or asgard would work pretty great with the sundara imo. The fun is something you could modify down the line as you could swap around opamps, so that’s something to consider, but I think the fit and finish of the A3 is a fair bit better. To me it’s a toss up, personally I would pick the A3 unless you want to experiment with opamps and be able to change the sound

I’ll pull the trigger on the a3… that should tide me over for quite a bit alongside the dv… thanks :+1:

1 Like

Probably the better choice. The Fun sounds great and I have multiple opamps, but the build quality is Really lacking.

1 Like

good to know… yeah I just didn’t see myself swapping opamps and honestly was leaning towards the a3 after reading the $100 amps aren’t really ideal for the sundara

I mean the 100 buck amps can absolutely get the job done, I just think if it’s in your budget getting something a bit higher up would be beneficial

exactly (my bad I could’ve worded that better)… looking forward to hearing it