What are some good and lightweight cans?

open or closed. headphones that are so light you almost forget you’re wearing them. good sound is important as well…at least better than mediocre, like Koss. no price limit…cheap / inexpensive to ridkonulously high.

to start us off:
Koss KPH30
Koss PortaPro
Koss KSC75
Koss SP330

edit - it’s a longshot, but are there any wireless headphones that are light? I mean light, like abnormally light, not ‘lighter’ than most wireless headphones as the battery and electronics should disqualify them right away.

1 Like

There is the usual ATH-R70X as well which is cheap compared to the source gear used to power it.

I guess the recent Fiio JW1 counts as well right?

Oh yeah I almost forgot the harmoicdyne athena is another fun W shape “cheapish” “closed” well semi open back that disapears when you are using it.

2 Likes

The Sennheiser HD 560S model comes to mind for being light (they look heavier than they are) and having great sound at a great price for open-back cans.

1 Like

Here is some wireless stuff:
Final ux3000 | 260g
Sennheiser Accentum | 220g.
Grado GW100x | 200g.
Sony WH-1000XM5 | 250g

1 Like

The obvious ones are Sennheisers, the 5X0, 6X0, 8X0 lines. Also ETA headphones, the Mini S, Mini C, and O2 are all light and amazing. Grados are another obvious ones. Audeze LCD-1 (the only light Audeze–actually the Carbon is also pretty light because Electrostat). AudioTechnica headphones–particularly the ATH-R70X and the ATH-5000. Also curious about the DMS Omegas.

I think all the ones I mentioned here are under 300 grams. It’s something I pay attention to because I’m sensitive to weight.

1 Like

I’d add the Diana MR or V2. Very light and comfortable to me.

Bose QC 35 and QC 45 headphones are damn light wireless models. Also have super-comfortable cups.

The sound? Some people love them. I think the sound is pretty “meh” for the money.

I will second the recommendation of the Final Audio UX3000. Very light, far better sound than the Bose and most other wireless headphones south of $500.

But there is one catch. The cups are VERY small, in depth and diameter. If you have anything larger than normal ears, they probably will be uncomfortable. Shame I had to return mine, as the sound blew away any wireless models from Sony, Sennheiser, B&O, M&D, Shure, Bose.

I am in the Koss camp for lightweight. It is hard to beat the KPH30i with the Grado style pads, and they feel like nothing in terms of weight.

The next group is the Sennheiser style cans. I have the Drop 58x and it is very comfortable, and not heavy.

Stay away from the Hifiman, or really any planar. They tend to be filled with magnets. I love the HE400se for about one album.

1 Like

No idea yet