What are your favorite covers?

3 Likes

I like the cut of your jib sir :metal:

1 Like
3 Likes

I think I liked Smooth Criminal and Eye Of The Tiger better, as I couldn’t help but think “How does this work as well as it does” and “They are being so abusive to those cellos” with Thunderstruck.

Personally, I also enjoy The Piano Guys:

2 Likes

One has to wonder how many bows they go through in a live concert?

1 Like

I was just watching Rick Beato’s new “Greatest Rock Anthems of All Time” video. I did not realize the following two songs were covers. Given that knowledge, they belong on this list.

“I Love Rock 'N Roll” originally by The Arrows

“Cum On Feel The Noize” originally by Slade

3 Likes

Both iconic songs… And probably one of Joan Jett’s most well known. I never would have guessed either one to be covers

Anyone care for a Queen cover? By Maria Brink, Lzzy Hale and Taylor Momsen? Doesn’t quite have the same flair, but their style is rather different to begin with

Didn’t see this one comming either

Love these two, really don’t like Drake :joy:

1 Like

I like Paramore’s older stuff, personally, otherwise… Yeah, can’t say I like Drake either. Didn’t know How I Could Just Kill a Man was a cover… How about a blonde doing a cover of… Blondie?

I quite like both styles of Paramore, can understand why people would only like one of their styles though since their new style is very different.
Yeah, as far as I remember that whole RATM album is covers.

Good to know

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying these. Perhaps not the most original “medieval” cover, but I like the execution.

1 Like

Definately an interesting style. Not something to listen to with something bright (like the BL-03), but an interesting style. I kinda feel bad that out of the three original songs, by far I love Pumped Up Kicks and What is Love more then anything Gaga has put out… but out of these covers, I like Bad Romance the best.

Simple Minds - The Man Who Sold The World

Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane

Duran Duran - I Wanna Take You Higher

1 Like