What are your favourite OSTs?

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

This is amazing, it blends genres so well.

This has a great focus on percussive instruments, I used to chill to this all day while making cities that never worked.

Never, ever watch the movie. Ever.

Oh, shut up. Michael Giacchino is one of the best film scorers around, especially when he gets to just have fun and not make ‘womp-womp’ soundtracks.

2 Likes

I think that The Beach Soundtrack is very good, at least is the one I’ve probably listened more times in my life.

I only have one OST that I listen to in full, as mentioned here: "Well recorded" music thread

House of Flying Daggers OST is one of my all time favorites…

Also really enjoy The Revenant OST (film is incredible too!):

And much of the Ghost in the Shell series OST (Yoko Kanno is genius):

2 Likes

1 Like

Historically I have not been a big OST listener, but I have started getting into some lately…

Batman v Superman
John Wick
The Crow (I know it is listed above, but I had to strongly second it)
The Dark Knight
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Tron: legacy

2 Likes

I must say my all time favourites are Soul eater and Guilty Crown. Both sound absolutely amazing and the songs in them are awesome.

For Soul Eater I would say:
Resonance
I wanna be
Style
Papermoon
Bakuso Yume Uta

For Guilty Crown I would say
Euterpe ~Silence~
Departures ~Blessing~
βios MK+nZk Version
Rё∀L C+nZk Version
For Guilty Crown all four just due to how good they are haha.

But I also like a few more but those are my favouites, with the special mention of Kyoumen no Nami from Houseki no Kuni as that is just ough.

1 Like

I love a lot of the orchestral music in anime, especially Overlord’s Shi no Shihaisha and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei’s Opus-12.

Code Geass’ Colors and World End, both by Flow are awesome. Don’t have any luck in finding a good recording of World End though…

Even though I have not watched One Piece yet (and probably should), A Thousand Dreamers is just an amazing song to listen to. The cheerful atmosphere will definitely make you want to sing along even if you don’t speak native weeb. Bink’s Sake is another good one!

Angel Beats!’ My Song and My Soul, your Beats! were one of the first Anime OSTs I downloaded, they left a pretty deep impression.

Other than that, there’s pretty much every Souls OST (sound quality in the link is trash, but it’ll give you a rough idea) in existence. My favorites to date are still the tracks during Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin’s, Nashandra’s, King Vendrick’s, and Dark Eater Midir’s boss fights.

Star Citizen has some pretty good background music too, but I don’t know what any of those are, sadly…

1 Like

Jibun woooo~~~

1 Like

Jibun NO!!!

1 Like

check out the Macross Plus OST. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saw 1917 the soundtrack was really good

I actually first heard the new Sturgill Simpson as an OST. I watched Sound and Fury on Netflix and the soundtrack was amazing. Here is a clip from YouTube. I would guess every song has a video.

1 Like

Hands down my favourite is O Brother Where Art Thou.
Mississippi blues with a whole lot of personality.
My mum used to play it for me when I was a wee baby, so you can imagine
the infancy nostalgia trip I went on when I rediscovered the film in my teenage hood.

Here’s my greatest takeaway from it, which started my interest in the blues genre:

this one still gives me chills:

Ugh I want to link like four other songs from the soundtrack.
I can only suggest you watch the film, because it fits so well
and it’s over half of the reason why it’s my favourite film.

3 Likes

It’s probably becoming a little bit much for anyone to mention but I love me some Star Wars. I love the music that’s come from all the eras, but here’s my particular favorites-

It’s really either this or The Immolation Scene, but this was implemented so well in Jedi Fallen Order’s finale that I honestly prefer this now.

This one in conjunction to the scene corresponding with this song gave me chills, love the way it starts, the slow buildup, and that outstanding, dramatic finish

Love how this track conveys the sense of adventure here with the underlying tune, yet also giving a sense of mystery, if not, dread of what’s to come, it’s great-

I’d also like to mention that the Solo soundtrack is such a fun listen, and certainly needs more recognition, but then again I’m a sucker for SW so I’m far too biased here rofl

2 Likes

I really love some Naruto OST:

A faster Paced one:

And one last violin one again:

1 Like