What audio items you have you'd never sell

A few things I don’t ever PLAN on selling are:
My Hart Audio Cables, particularly not the pre-production one(s) (I forget how many are first run, and how many are before that) or the ones that I’ve had special made. I can’t say I’m not a little biased towards the company, but I can say it’s not because of the name. I’ll sell my OCC cable long before I’ll be willing to part with these.
My AKG K550 MKIII was my first ever GOOD headphone. It may not get all the love, use, and attention it may deserve, but it has more of a sentamental value to me.
Other things are probably ones that will die before I think about getting rid of them, like the Little Bear B4. While others I don’t know that I could reasonably get rid of without giving them away (some of the cheaper IEMs or the Porta ProX)

1 Like

in my current headphone collection I can see myself selling off my 58x and 4xx but my 990 pro is so special I dont think I can get rid of my pair

1 Like

I won’t ever sell my hd 6xx, no matter how many thousands of dollars I spend on other headphones. These will always sound good and be worth owning.

6 Likes

Lygndorf “room perfect” room correction.

Once I’d heard my system with the room tamed…complete game changer.
Stopped buying hi-fi and started buying music again…well until I fell down the IEM rabbit hole anyway.

2 Likes

This all sounds like a plot of Ohmboy’s to get sweet deals on audio equipment,

1 Like

I am really liking what I have right now, but I would have to say:

1. As others have said, the media. I ripped all my CD’s and threw most of that away and started buying digital. It has taken me about ten years to get to 6,500 songs. Every song I have ever liked in my life. And I still try every weekend to find new stuff.

2. Focal ELEX’s. Like nothing else.

3. Liquid Platinum. Makes me just want to throw all my other amps away, but of course I feel obligated to actually lose money on every transaction as I part with them.

4. I was going to write Grado GH2’s, but if I ever have a chance to hear and perhaps get the GS3000e’s…

1 Like

wharfedale pacific pi 30 - Not much on looks but sound is 5 star.

Never say never…

1 Like

indeed, as many have said…never say never. at this point, probably only my ENOG2 Pro DAC. everything else, including my headphones, can all easily be replaced by something better.

1 Like

[quote=“Marzipan, post:29, topic:11468”]
can all easily be replaced by something better.
[/quote

well, the other stuff I have can be. the ENOG2 Pro punches above its weight.

1 Like

My vinyl, CD and FLAC collection. Yes I have ripped all my CDs, but I still like to have them just in case.

As far as equipment… I have to give pause to calling anything endgame… that is just how hobbies are for me… Especially so since I am back into the audio game. I have replaced amps and speakers recently… having enough equipment sitting to actually put a second large system together. I suspect I will do that for the empty bedroom sometime soon… and that will be how the rotation will go from here on out. I really do like the speakers that the second system will be playing out of… I am a huge performance for value person… the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 are such a good value and sound really good. So for now, those are something I would not get rid of… I am also quite attached to the Klipsch RP 600s and the SVS SB 2000 combination in my main system now… Not looking for anything to replace them.

1 Like

Bump…IER Z1R’s

1 Like

I don’t think I can truly say “never” on the following, but I plan to keep them around awhile. Since I’m into reviews now, I plan to keep the following around as references:

HD6XX & DT880 600 ohm

Entry-Level Tier Electronics:

Topping D10
JDS Labs Atom
Monolith Liquid Spark

“Budget Enthusiast” Tier Electronics:

Schiit Modius & Asgard 3. I have the Magnius too that Schiit may or may not ask for me to return one day. I asked if I could keep if ‘for awhile as a reference’ they said yes. So who knows…

Mid-Fi Tier Electronics

Schiit Bifrost 2
Monolith Liquid Platinum

Hi-Fi Tier Electronics…

??? Honestly dunno yet. Currently Vio V281 is killiing it on the amp side.

My LCD-2 prefazor will be hard to let go. It sounds great. It’s a discontinued model. Never know when the supply of those will dry up.

2 Likes

Sennheiser HD598’s. My first audiophile headphones. The headphones that got me into this hobby. I’ve been using them for the past 5-6 years as my main gaming 'phones.

Jade Audio EA3. The first IEM I ever owned. Though not the best sounding, I never got to replace them, they just fit me and keep my ears safe (they are sharp in the upper range and thus I cannot turn them up too loud).

iBasso SR2. My current favorite headphone. Every time I put them on my head i get emotional. Just have an emotional connection with this headphone, it’s my perfect headphone.

2 Likes

I can say for certain I will never sell my Grado Hemps. I live how they sound and they are a limited edition, so they will not be available new forever.

I would like to say I would never sell my Lawton X00s, but there is a chance something like the TH900 (with or without the Lawton mod) could replace them. But for now, they are not going anywhere.

Lastly is the Asgard 3. It’s so cheap for what it does that it’s not even worth selling. I’ll just move it into my bedroom if I get a better desktop amp.

I guess the same goes for the SR80e. To cheap to be worth selling and I really love them, so they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

LCD 2 pre!! In the case and not going anywhere…ever!

1 Like

never sell? hah! never say never… :wink:

1 Like

@Veritas Welp…i guess we should never say never…:crazy_face: :+1: :hugs:

3 Likes

The rule for me is, “For every toy that goes out, those funds can only be used towards the purchase/acquisition of more toys.” This is one of the very few rules i have followed religiously in my life and it has served me well. I pay to play but only if/when my other obligations have been met.
Having said this, My Senn HD600’s will never be sold, i can make this statement in confidence, anything and everything else is as safe as my whims allow for🤪

3 Likes