What audio items you have you'd never sell

LOL :crazy_face:
In my defense, I ended up with another pair of Harbeths. :shushing_face:

4 Likes

ā€œNothing is sacred, everything can go for a certain priceā€ is what i usually say.
But boy, do i have a hard time thinking about selling this Onkyo, its old and since last year it hasnā€™t been sounding correct, one of the channel is lower in volume, but it feels right to have it, it is a quite rare model after all, its gonna get completely restored someday, when i get some bucks to do so.
Please ignore the TSi100s, as i no longer have them :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I bought the following new, with the intention of never selling:

Fostex TH610 - I bought this phone to use as the base for a custom Lawton mod. I did the mod myself and waited 3 moā€™s for the chambers I selected, so it stays for sentimental reasons. It sounds fantastic with a signature that compliments w/o duplicating my other Foster driver based phones, and it is a gorgeous piece!

Fostex TH900mk2 Limited Edition Pearl White w/anniversary tuning. - The tuning on this headphone is remarkable and is different from the stock tuning and shared only with the Sapphire Blue Limited Edition. The Pearl White Finish is really something and makes for a piece looks as good as it sounds.

Hifiman HE1000v2 - I fell in love with the Big Hifiman planar sound when I bought an Edition X V2. The Edition X V2 and the HE1000v2 share a warmer signature than your typical Hifiman e.g., Ayra or the HE1000se. Enjoying the Edition X V2 as much as I did I just had to take it to the next level and the HE1000v2 is the bees knees of planarā€™s for me.

Audeze LCD-2.2 Pre Fazor (Rosewood), - Bought as a pre-owned piece, it has a unique sound that really goes well with a lot of the music I like from back in my day. Also, I see a lot of people sell them only to re-buy them again later, so I figure Iā€™ll just save myself the trouble and keep them as a classic piece in my collection.

As far as signal chain components go:

Violectric HPA V281 - this is not leaving, even when I upgrade eventually, Iā€™ll just move it to a secondary location - Itā€™s that good, and synergizes well with the DACā€™s I am running now, and those on my radar as potential upgrades.

Bifrost 2 and a Jotunheim 2 - I was using this stack on my primary desk for quite a while. I really like the way they sound together and I like having them around to use for when I want to listen to something different, and as a backup to my primary chain.

Liquid Platinum - This is the only piece in question. I went to sell it a while ago but then changed my mind. For now it will stay around until I can figure out what I want to do for a tube amp. The LP and Bifrost sound really good together and work well with the headphones I currently have, so I am in no rush.

There are a couple other items that I wonā€™t sell like an E30, Zen Dac, and Atom amp, Sivga Phoenix etc., simply put, shipping and PayPal fees pretty much make it pointless to sell them. I chalk those up the cost of lessons learnedā€¦

Everything else ā€“ just ask and make an offer, lol!

3 Likes

Onkyo was the shit back in my day - in 2000 I was looking at Onkyo and Sony ES - I ended up going Sony ES butā€¦ more importantly I get it - I love my STR-DA5ES they donā€™t make gear like that any more.

1 Like

This one i have is from 88, made in Japan for Japan, 100v, very heavy, its quite the thing, somebody brought it over when they moved over or from a trip.
It really is one of those ā€œthey donā€™t make 'em like this anymoreā€ sort of things.

1 Like

There is no way I could live without dsp room correction so on that basis my Lyngdorf TDA2200 is never leaving unless itā€™s to update to a more current model.

I thought I wouldnā€™t have any examples, because technology keeps improving, I only care about fidelity, bla bla, but reading through some of these examplesā€¦ yes I do have one: the Koss KSC75. :slight_smile: Audio tech might improve a lot in my lifetime, but I donā€™t think itā€™s gonna make something better than the KSC75, not better in every way. Iā€™m not selling those for anything, youā€™re gonna have to pry them off my cold dead ears. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much the HD600s and DT880 600 ohms, also yes KSC75s for sure

I wouldnā€™t sell any of my headphones.

Amps and DACs are a different story.

2 Likes

I normally hate clutter vehemently am against hoarders but something about headphones I can never sell them. Iā€™d rather give them to friends and family that will use them then sell them. Hell is still use my Q701s daily on my desktop rig as $1000+ hps go unused in my listening room.

3 Likes

A company about to disappear. They are looking desperately for a buyer. You might want to work on it now while parts are still available.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe.
Although its mostly Nichicon, Alps and TDK components inside.

My beyers. The collection grows. I thought maybe the amiron homes would have to go but they will stay? Yeah I think they will stay. I can go from bright sibilant to dark and bassy. I like these headphones.

6 Likes

Wow! You definitely love the high stuff. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Lol honestly, I wanted warm with great mids back when I chose the dt880. I never favored a bright sound signature but here I am. The hd600 was the other option I was looking at back when I started. So I went against my feelings of leaning more towards hd600 and decided to try the bright side of things. Maybe down the road Iā€™ll finally grab a pair of hd600.

IMO, youā€™re not missing anything with the HD600ā€™s.

The DT880ā€™s are transformed with my new amp. And I am currently running in my new-to-me T5ā€™s. :grin:

1 Like

BUMP still Z1R and og P1 add in og Androā€¦

1 Like

my ears

Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think of that response before :laughing:

1 Like

My list would be a lot longer three years on. But for sure:

1. Violectric HPA V220
  2. iFi Pro iCAN
  3. Grado GH2ā€™s
  4. Focal Clearā€™s
  5. HiFiman HE6se V2ā€™s
2 Likes

Aside from the above:

• Mysphere 3.1 & 3.2
  • any of my Lamm gear and associated accessories
  • Verity Lohengrin IIS
  • Hyla Sarda
  • LPGT Ti
  • Mass Kobo 394 II & 424
  • Koss ESP950
  • Rhapsodio Infinity MK2
  • Final D8000 Pro

Those are really likely the only ones that Iā€™ll genuinely never sell unless I absolutely have to for some reason, even if thereā€™s an upgrade to them, Iā€™ll be keeping the old lol. Everything else in my setups are mostly within the ā€œI really canā€™t see myself selling thisā€ but some of them I would sell if there were direct upgrades made, so I donā€™t think it would be fair to count them lol

1 Like